Latest Update Messed Up Email
ronjans

I did a software update from ND3 to ND7 android version 4.4.2. Since I did the update I can't receive emails. Can send fine. Receive ok on the pc or on godaddy server. It's isolated to the phone only. I deleted the account on the phone and re added it still no luck on receive. Wish I would not have done the upgrade as I have had zero issues with this device. Any suggestions? Never had a problem with any smart phone I have owned until this upgrade. My suggestion from what I am reading is I would advise not to upgrade on the latest version. Seems like it doesn't even sync with google all the time correctly.

0 Likes
Re: Latest Update Messed Up Email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ronjans,

I apologize that you're having issues with your email as a result of the latest update. Have you tried doing a hard reset on your device? I heard that sometimes the this action can do a clean install of the latest os that includes the update but helps adjust the device to work better. Here's the steps http://vz.to/1lPn1CR and back up your data prior to doing the process.

Thank you!

EdW_VZW       
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paulgallen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a different email problem since 4.4.2 upgrade!  I have my email accounts set up as imap and since the upgrade if I view an email on another device it no longer marks it read on my Samsung S3

By the way I had to reply to this because I see no way to post a discussion!!!

While I have your attention, why would did the replace the battery icon as white from green??? And when the charger is connected it shows a red X, made me think it was not changing and had a problem!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, paulgallen. We understand the importance of this specific email feature. You mentioned this is an IMAP account. May we ask what type of email it is? We want to be able to inform the software developers.

As far as the icons are concerned, with KitKat, the infomation in the status/notification will now be white.

May I also ask if you are using the charger that came with the device? When you look at the charger, can you see the voltage and amperage of the charger that is being used?

We thank you for your cooperation as we look to address & resolve your concerns.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paulgallen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what you mean by type, one is a work email and one is my

charter.net account

The status bar in monochrome, seams more like a down grade than a upgrade!

I am using the cable that came with it on a car charger that did not

come with it because it didn't come with a car charge! This is the

charge I have been using since I owned the phone and worked fine until

the update!

I would like to mention I was on the phone with Verizon tech support and

samsung tech support for a different reason and after that was resolved

I was mentioning the email and I lost the call. I was very surprised

and disappointed that neither one called back when both had my phone #.

Seams like it would have been courteous to call me back!!!

Very unhappy customer with the update!

Paul Allen

0 Likes
DanRio

I am having a similar problem.  And so are many others.

I can't believe the only suggestion is that I do a hard reset, essentially emptying my phone of everything but the operating system.  Isn't there anything else that can be done? I'm not eager to spend hours reconstructing my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks paulgallen, for the details. I do apologize that we nor Samsung ever called you back after the call was dropped. I do want to make sure that everything is working in the best condition ever. With your e-mail issues, are you having problems with both e-mails on your phone or just the work one? Have you tried to go through an delete the e-mail account off the device and re-add it back to the phone? Are you able to use the charger anywhere else besides the car charger? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paulgallen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still having problems with both email accounts.  Yes I have deleted

them and reinstalled them, was no help.  And now I am getting more junk

email because I deleted the accounts and lost all the marked junk mail.

This email thing is a big pain in the (removed)

I have 3 different car chargers that work but show a red X and the

electric ones work fine. These are all charges I have been using with no

problems before the "upgrade"

Why is this taking so long to correct!!!!!!

>>Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

paulgallen,

Let's see if we can get this working for you again! Remove the email accounts once more http://bit.ly/W1GhT5 . Next, reset the email application: http://bit.ly/W1GzJs and also select to clear app cache. Power the phone off and remove the battery. Replace the battery and cover. Press and hold the Home button  (located at the bottom) and the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) then, while continuing to hold Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Samsung logo appears then release only the Power button. When the Android system recovery screen appears release all buttons. Select Wipe Cache Partition. Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the power button to select. Once the wipe has completed, select reboot system now.

Once the device powers back on add the email accounts again. Test out the email and the connect to the charger and let us know if you are still having either issue.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paulgallen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is this a hard reset that will erase any apps or such I have downloaded??

0 Likes