Latest galaxy note 8 system update
Gator25

The latest update ran on my phone on 6/21/19 and every day since then my phone has had major issues! Anyone else having any issues with their system update?? My phone worked 100% fine before the update, no issues at all. Now it's being weird with major lag time in my keyboard and at times I wont be using my phone just go to unlock the screen initially and the screen will go black. Pushing the lock screen button does nothing. I can feel the vibrating feedback when I press where my home button is on my screen but the screen remains black and nothing else happens so I cant even unlock the screen and press to restart my phone! Every time this has happened it's gone on for about 15, my phone is uunusable the entire time since it just wont do anything and is very frustrating because I cant do anything about it it just finally works after 15 minutes but it's still being slow and goofy when it first actually lights up the screen and allows me to unlock the screen and restart my phone. Hoping someone knows what to do or Samsung can fix this major glitch sooner than later since I dont have the option to uninstall the latest update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Latest galaxy note 8 system update
RDCEE93

sorry to hear your performance is impacted negatively.

in my case, my note 8 fails system 19 update everytime, ether LTE or WiFi. gets to 25% and quits.  something is up for sure.

is this a tickle to buy the next best thing, note 10!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gator25, we understand how this can be frustrating for you. Have you contacted the manufacture in regard to this?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
Gator25

No because I wasn't even sure who to contact? Samsung?

0 Likes
Gator25

It better not be because my phone was totally fine the way it was! I would be pretty upset if I were basically forced into buying a brand new phone when  the one I have is still "new"! Phones these days are way to expensive, it's ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RDCEE93

This isn't the experience that we want you to have on our network. Software updates are sent to your device to remove issues and implement new features on that phone. Let's see if this is a memory capacity issue. Have you tried deleting all unwanted applications, text messages, call logs, e-mails, and media on your device to free up memory space? Next, try updating the software again. 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very sorry to hear about the unexpected issues you have been experiencing with the latest software version from Samsung, Gator25. We will be more than happy to go through some steps to make sure that any issues are resolved. What happens when you power your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 off and back on? When you go to Settings, Device care, and tap onto Storage, how many GB of memory are you using out of your total storage? Below is a link you can click on to check to make sure that all of the apps that you have on your device are up to date. Are all of your apps updated with their latest versions? http://spr.ly/6600EsdVQ BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
HassanSyed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me and my friends having GPS issues, tried every possible solution like calibrating it, reinstalling, restart etc. You start driving but GPS doesn't get updated location. You have to exit navigation and restart multiple times to see your exact location on maps. It works for a while but again loses precision. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am disappointed to hear about your experience with your GPS on the Note 8, HassanSyed. I appreciate everything that you have tried. Does this stop providing the GPS at a specific intersection/crossroad? Do you use the GPS function for other apps such as Checkin and does this appear to have issues? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Shsuguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am absolutely convinced that this issue started occurring after update n950usqu7dsl5 because prior to that, it was working fine. I believe it's an issue where the internal gps software falls asleep and so gps location is halted. To reset, it takes something to awaken it again. Speculation on that part, but no speculation on the above update which caused the failure of a properly working gps. 

0 Likes