Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Light randomly turning On and off
TheMrs1108

My husband has the Galaxy Note Edge and it keeps lighting on and off by itself and because of this, his battery drains so fast. What could the problem be and what can we do to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Light randomly turning On and off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

TheMrs1108, conserving the battery life is crucial and we can certainly take a deeper look into this. When you say lighting up, just to make sure we are on the same page it is the screen that is doing this, correct?  Has he  installed any applications recently or began using any specific applications since this issue began? When did this issue begin?
ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheMrs1108

Yes, it's the screen. It lights up like if you were using the phone, then turns off. And because of this, his battery drains. I don't think he started using another app since it's been happening. It's been going on for a couple of weeks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the additonal information related to the issue with your Husband's device. Does he have any existing third party apps like email or Facebook,etc, running on the device that could cause the phone to turn the screen on and turn back off if he does not check the phone right away? Perhaos testing it in safe mode can help narrow down what the root cause is. Here's the steps http://tiny.cc/3ob62x and post back with the results.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes