Live Weather lock screen wallpaper
supertoast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the end of July, I've been having trouble using the Yahoo Live Weather lock screen wallpaper option in settings. Normally it would update once the stock Samsung weather widget (the wallpaper option is also stock, by the way) updated. For me, this is if I change my location or every hour. Now, the wallpaper never updates. The only way I can get it to update is to reselect the option for the Live Weather lock screen wallpaper. After that, it does not update at all, until I select the option again in the settings.

I strongly believe this has to do with a bug introduced in the build ending in OF1. The latest build which had security fixes did not solve the problem. I noticed the issue near the time I upgraded to OF1.

I've tried factory data reset multiple times, which did not help.

Could this please be looked into? Is anyone else on here having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Live Weather lock screen wallpaper
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with this application supertoast. I don't show this as a know issue with your device after your last update. Do you have any 3rd party apps weather or email apps on your phone? Those 3rd party apps may cause issues with your phone if they are not compatible with the most current software. After a factory reset, we recommend not downloading all your apps back to your phone until you know they are not causing an issue.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
supertoast
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only 3rd party weather app I have installed is The Weather Channel. I have and use the Gmail app, but I'm pretty sure that is an app that comes with this phone. I've uninstalled The Weather Channel app, but I don't believe that it has solved anything - when rebooting the wallpaper does change but it doesn't change again. The Samsung weather widget still works as it should.

0 Likes
supertoast
Enthusiast - Level 2

This feature still doesn't work correctly, and there are a couple others with the Verizon Note 4 who also have this issue. I know of someone with the ATT variant of this phone, and they do not have this problem. I tried a reset without installing any additional apps and not disabling any apps - it still will not update on its own. Is there any way the software team working on updates for our phone can verify this works in the next software update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those previous steps supertoast. I'm sorry it didn't resolve your problems. I will lift this up so that we do our best to address it properly.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes