Locked out of my note 5, phone was reset and now it won't allow me to reactivate. :/
leadler73

My note 5 wouldn't register my thumb print to unlock my phone the other day. It asked for my backup password of which I don't recall ever setting up. Being the intelligent and patient person that I am, I did what any other rational person would do; I tried every single password I thought I "may" have used. OOPS. Hello factory reset. No big deal, I didn't have all that much on the phone to lose. The big problem is now I can't reactivate my phone. When it came back on it had me select language, and then asked for my gmail account. I have a gabillion of them, but I used the one I had wrote down specifically as "note 5". It accepts the address and the password but then comes back with a message saying I needed to sign into an "account that had previously been synced to this device". I tried the one gmail account that made mention of the note 5 device being used, according to the phone, that address had never synced with it. I proceeded to try every gmail account could think of and got the same result. Now I'm stuck. I actually think I'm making things worse because I'm getting more and more confused with every different thing I try. Any advice before I end up in the corner rocking back and forth screaming random obscenities for the rest of my days? Please and thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Locked out of my note 5, phone was reset and now it won't allow me to reactivate. :/
cmurry93

I had a customer come into my store with same issue, After trying everything I could think of I called tech support and they ended up having to replace the phone. So call tech support and see if they can help you out! Best of luck.

0 Likes
Re: Locked out of my note 5, phone was reset and now it won't allow me to reactivate. :/
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would first try to factory reset the phone once more, this time by choice.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Factory Data Reset (Hard Reset) - YouTube

I didn't actually watch this video so you may need to Google the instructions yourself, but a manual factor reset might clear more data and make it so you can log in.

0 Likes