Lollipop notification bar
russ2022

Why has the notification bar on the lock screen been replaced with "Verizon Wireless"?

I used to be able to quickly look to see if I had a missed call, email, or text.  Now I have to unlock the phone to see this information.  I guess verizon thinks it's more important to constantly remind me who my carrier is.

I thought updates were to add functionality not tale it away.

Please provide a reasoning for this and a work around.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop notification bar
stef7
Master - Level 2

I have an LG G2. So pardon me if this is different for you.

On KK, I didn't have notifications displayed on the Lock screen. On Lollipop I do, and it's a feature I like. I don't know if it's new, but it's one of the few nice things I notice about the update on my device.

Go to:

Settings | Sound and notification | Lock screen.

there I have Show all notifications checked.

Check it. Reboot your phone. Get someone to send you email, a text or other.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I have an LG G2. So pardon me if this is different for you.

On KK, I didn't have notifications displayed on the Lock screen. On Lollipop I do, and it's a feature I like. I don't know if it's new, but it's one of the few nice things I notice about the update on my device.

Go to:

Settings | Sound and notification | Lock screen.

there I have Show all notifications checked.

Check it. Reboot your phone. Get someone to send you email, a text or other.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

That is close to what the note 4 has. Go to settings then to sounds and notifications. Then click on while locked, you will have 3 options to choose from, Show all content, Hide sensitive content and Do not show notifications. It sounds like you have it on do not show notifications. Which is no big deal you must of just rushed through settings and skipped that part to set up now. Do not show notifications does just that and shows nothing but your blinking led light. Hide sensitive content tells you the app you got a new notification and says content hidden if you have hide sensitive content to show nothing but your notification which is best for mostly everyone. Then you have show all content which does just that. Show all new content. Hope this helps

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Thanks for clarifying what the Note4 has for the original poster!

Here is something more to consider:
On my phone, if I go into Settings | Applications management (or something like that), I can look at the ALL tab, and scroll down, and look at specific applications of interest. There, one will find potentially a way to either Show Notifications for not for that specific app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
russ2022,

Look no further help is here! I definitely understand how inconvenient it can be to have to unlock the phone to view the notifications. The lock screen notification setting defaults to "Do not show notifications". You just need to change it to "Show all Content" while phone is locked. Visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152008/ for complete steps. Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes