Lollipop sucks. How to i restore kitkat?
darin_1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lollipop sucks How do i restore kitkat?

Why do i need "verizon wireless" on the status bar when locked? i remember who my service provider is. I dont need them telling me.

Why are the notifications so damn big? I want a nice small notification in the status bar. I dont want a big thing giving me content or telling me content is hidden. Both of which is stupid and takes up space from the clock when i get lots of notifications.

And for the love of Science, what gives Verizon the right to FORCE us to upgrade when we own the phones. Thats right people, we own the phones! So what gives them the right to force the upgrade on us?

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop sucks. How to i restore kitkat?
Snn5
Legend

You cannot restore KitKat.  Once an OS update is installed, it is permanent until another update to the OS arrives.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Also, you don't own the phone unless you have paid full price, paid off an Edge agreement, or completed a contract 100%.  Even then, Verizon requires phones to be updated to correctly run on their network given new features, fixes, software compatibilities or hardware requirements.

darin_1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny thing is, when i went into the Verizon store (an actual Verizion Wireless owned store), and asked them to show me where in the contract that says I have to update, and that i do not own the phone, they could not. but they did find where I do own the phone. I bought the phone at a reduced price with the agreement that i buy and maintain a 2 year contract. The phone is still mine. I still own it. Lets see where in the contract it says other wise. Because when I asked the store to show me, they could not.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OK, try to cancel your contract before completion.  Bet you have an ETF charge.  That ETF, should you pay it, would mean the phone is then yours.  (of course, if you don't pay it, the phone would be blacklisted.)

0 Likes
dissatisfied_lollipo_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Replying because I share the sentiment. I don't want this Lollipop nonsense on my phone. My user experience is abysmal following this upgrade. I just want Kit Kat back. Bumping to bring more attention to this.

0 Likes