Re: Lollipop upgrade ruined my Note 3 cell signal strength.
VAStargazer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Broot and others:

Here is the site https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-easily-downgrade-from-Lollipop-to-Kitkat-in-Note-3

Just follow the directions and you are in business.

Cheers

0 Likes
note3improvement
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wonder why someone would think someone would post it improved the singal if it didn't. 

Give me a break.

Actually I ran into this thread doing some research on the Note 4.

sococky
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think the Note3 has antenna issues in general.   I can be in a very low signal area and on 3G with my Note3. Put SIM in LG G3 and 2 bars at 4G LTE.  It's been like this for at least 3 months in this area and I'm seeing it in others.

rdy42k
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in agreement, As I have just gotten out of an hour long chat with a Samsung Rep.  He wanted me to do these ridiculous steps after explaining that the phone was at 4.4.4…was ok  Lollipop….Terrible signal.  Back to 4.4.4…OK signal again.  They suggested I send my phone in to be "evaluated".  Pointless when advanced users do the work for them and report the problem.  And oddly enough, older phones do not get updates (stagefright anyone?) when "the next big thing" is about to arrive.  There is no reason a well cared for phone should have 2 bars of signal in the Verizon store, when the only damage exists in the software/firmware compatibility.  As a Class, maybe we can stop future occurrences of this behavior.  Just my two cents on a phone thats now just a tiny tablet.

rdy42k
Enthusiast - Level 2

Similarly, I use my phone for business.  It is frustrating to wait for a call and then get an "all to late" notification with a voicemail after the phone never rang.  I am certainly open to join any Class that will prevent this company from doing what amounts to purposely making good phones non functional.  If it is an unintentional action, they would fix it, or at least offer a timeline in which the solution would arrive.  I had your same thought as I stood today in a Verizon store looking at a Note 5 with all its signal bars and my Note 3 with just two.  Was all set for the purchase, until I really considered that the 5 would suffer the same fate the next time "The Next Big Thing" was about to arrive. 

ShawnOB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list.  My signal strength will go from 4G to "no signal" and I will have to restart my phone; it seems that if I go into a building I will loose signal and it will just never come back.  I have done all of the troubleshooting suggested above; new SIM, reset, etc.  Even found a site that told me to blow out the phone with compressed air, that's how desperate I am for a fix.  Nothing works.  Went to a Verizion store and was told, "your radio is probably bad, there is nothing we can do about it, but you can buy a new phone on monthly installments."  That is not help.  Thanks to the new update, however, I now get a pop-up error message that says "unable to download..." (or something like that) so at least I know when I need to turn my phone off and back on again.    Please tell me there is a fix for this.

0 Likes
Broot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to the club, Shawn.

There is no fix and Verizon is still denying any knowledge of such issue. It's funny because there is plenty of evidence for the issue in this Verizon forum. I've been with Verizon for roughly 15 years, but this is ridiculous. My contracts are both up this Fall and I plan to move to AT&T at that time.

0 Likes
Ranashi

New update out, seems to be better than it was for sure....

0 Likes
Broot
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no mention in the release notes of improved cell signal. I've installed the update and have not noticed a change.

I, and others in this thread, have seen that the signal can temporarily improve when you reboot the phone. Though, the signal drops back to unacceptable levels shortly thereafter. Currently, I'm rebooting just about every time I need to make a call.

Ranashi

I took N900VVRUEOF1 on Aug 25, 2015 - I am not having to reboot my phone several times a day and my signal has been much better thus far.  Build number is showing LRX21VN900VVRUEOF1 - I have had 1 time I needed to reboot since and honestly I was out of the service area (no signal) for an hour plus before coming back into a service area.  It didn't pick signal back up within 30 minutes and I had to reboot but hasn't been the same for me as of yet.

0 Likes