my device back if the replacement does solve the problem. Let me know via

PM what you require to verify.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 6:29 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Re: MHL HDMI Output killed by 4.3 Update On Note II
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RandyBundy516,

We would love to work directly with you also. Let's check out this HDMI issue. I have followed you. Please follow me back and send me a private message so we can review our options and get this issue resolved.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RandyBundy516

I have accepted

0 Likes
RandyBundy516

FYI, A friend of mine has a Note 3. I test the Samsung Multimedia Dock with his Note 3 and it works. The Verizon store in Pueblo is incorrect and the Note 3 does work with version 4.3.

0 Likes
RandyBundy516

Okay what is the process to get Verizon to replace my device?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi RandyBundy516,

We can always help! Lindsey requested that you send her a private message to discuss account details. Have you had a chance to send this message?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
RandyBundy516

I did not get this request, I would to respond.

0 Likes
RandyBundy516

I still have a question. If my device is at fault or defective, why is it that both Samsung S3 phones on my plan also no longer output HDMI with the Samsung Multimedia Dock? Both S3's still output HDMI with the MHL cable setup.

0 Likes
Hyrum

I'm having the same problem. If I put my Note 2 in Airplane Mode, then the display from the multimedia dock works. However, with the 4G LTE radio on, the display goes in and out every few seconds. Try this yourself and see if your HDMI output works while in Airplane Mode. I need to figure out a solution for this, since this is my whole purpose of getting the smart dock is to use the phone as a computer with a 4G connection.

0 Likes
MHL HDMI Output killed by 4.3 Update On Note II
RandyBundy516

Verizon was nice enough to replace my device. The replacement Device came with 4.1.2 and the Video out worked perfectly. I debated updating the device to 4.3, and finally decided to do so. After the update to 4.3 the replacement device video output is random. sometime works, sometimes it does not work, much like you described. In any case I had already sent my device to Verizon. The HDMI out is not usable because it is not consistent.  I have decided to wait for the 4.4 update and figured the investment for the dock became wasted money when I decided to update the device to 4.3. I hope the 4.4 update will correct the issue, but have little hope that it will as the actual problem has not been acknowledged by either Samsung or Verizon. The only solution is to have your device replaced and keep it at version 4.1.2. I have purchased a Chromecast device after reading that the all share app is working on mirroring the screen to Chromecast, I hope the they get it done and I will again have the multimedia I had before the upgrade to 4.3. One other thing I noticed and made the dock totally unusable, after updating the replacement Device to 4.3 when the HDMI video was working the USB port on the dock did not. If I power off the phone and the dock, turn on and reboot half a dozen time or so I got it working all together but the process in not consistent, very time consuming, and just not worth the effort.

0 Likes