Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
MJ9 Update - "Update Failed" Help?
arkansasben

A few days ago, I got an alert on my Samsung Galaxy Note II saying a new update was available for my current version of MC3. The new version is MJ9. I hit OK. It downloaded the update and then restarted. It showed the Android 'robot' and the status bar going across below where it was installing/applying the update. It gets about 60-70% and then shows the robot with a Red X, restarts and gives a message of Update Failed. I tried it twice, same thing.

I've been having some problems in recent months with my phone hanging up quite a bit and even did a hard reset and reinstalled everything from scratch about 6 weeks ago but that didn't seem to fix issues. So I backed up my data again yesterday and before downloading or doing anything, I tried downloading/applying the new update. It did the exact same thing as I described above.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything else I should try?

0 Likes