MMS Video splitting into JPG and QCP files
Rob3225
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched from Sprint to Verizon I have a Galaxy S21 ultra and I'm having the same issue. Videos through texts that I received come in as 2 separate attachments, one a still image the other one in audio file.  Everything is up today and I have VLC downloaded.

Labels (1)
Re: MMS Video splitting into JPG and QCP files
vkuchtyak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. I've tried every app installed on the phone and I still get the .jpg photo and .qcp sound file. 

I have the Samsung galaxy S22+. I previously had the S10, and it had no issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about this issue, vkuchtyak. Is this happening regardless of sender? For example, if you send a video message to yourself, are you still seeing this?

- Henry

0 Likes
vkuchtyak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am able to receive video from another Samsung S22+ phone with no issues. It looks like iphone users are an issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ok. Thanks for confirming that for us. Have you used an iPhone at any point in the past with this number?

- Henry

0 Likes
vkuchtyak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have never had an iphone, apple account, or icloud account.

I have received videos from the person in the past with no issues until this phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perfect. Thanks, vkuchtyak. We'll send you a private note here, so that we can get you into our support chat to take a closer look.

- Henry

0 Likes
jven133
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I'm having this same problem for the last couple of weeks. Is there a fix for this yet? I have a Samsung Galaxy S22+ and receiving text videos as a static jpg and QCP audio file.  I can receive them perfectly fine from another S22+ user but from iPhones I get the image/sound file text.

0 Likes
vkuchtyak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just finished a chat session with support a few minutes ago. They're getting the software team involved and reaching out to samsung. They said it would take at least a week to hear back.

MMS Video splitting into JPG and QCP files
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jven133, we definitely want to make sure you receive MMS messages like you should, so we're right here to help! What exact text app are you using? Have you by any chance tried a different text app? Does your phone have the most updated software?  -Alicia

0 Likes