Missing calendar selection option
brhunt1958

Galaxy Note 3 - Android 5.0 - Stock Calendar app

My exchange account has two calendars. I only wanted to view one on my phone.

This has worked fine for years until yesterday. All of a sudden I am now getting the content of both calendars on my phone calendar, which renders it unusable.

I went looking for a setting under accounts that would allow me to choose which calendars under my exchange account that I wanted to sync.

But, I only have one option there? Sync calendars or don't sync calendars. No option to pick or choose which to sync.

Wasn't there an option there at one time? Has it moved? I cannot find any way to select the appropriate calendars to sync?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Missing calendar selection option
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being an Android user my self, I rely heavily on my calendar as well. Let's see what is going on. You mentioned that this was not a problem until yesterday. Has anything changed on the device such as software update?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brhunt1958

Anthony,

No recent updates that I am aware of.

I tried 4-5 additional calendar apps from the Google store.  All had the same issue: calendar from Exchange is either synced or not, no way to control display of calendars under the account.  Google calendar was one of the apps that I tried.

Finally I downloaded the MS Outlook app for Android.  That calendar actually *does* allow me to select which calendars to sync/display. 

So I do have a work-around for now.  I am not crazy about the Outlook app, but I can work with it.

I just wish I knew why the built-in calendar does not give me the display selection option anymore.

Thanks.

brhunt

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my calendar daily, and I'm relieved you were able to find a workaround. This is a very odd sudden change, considering your phone has not pushed any recent updates. I have lifted this behavior to our technicians so it can be investigated further. I did want to ask if you have attempted to remove and re-add the exchange account?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes