Mobile hotspot not working on Note 8?
Steveo344
Enthusiast - Level 2

The mobile hotspot on my Note 8 has stopped working. All the settings look fine, but the SSID isn't showing up on nearby devices. And yes, it's set to broadcast, not hidden. Is there a way to check it from the phone?

Re: Mobile hotspot not working on Note 8?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Do any of the setting adjustments work?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
Steveo344
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, So I've been able to check it with more devices. Two devices that I would connect to the WiFi Hotspot on my Note 8 cannot 'see' the SSID, while others can...so I guess it is working? 

The devices that can't see it are B,G,N capable and can see every other SSID within range...just not the Note 8, so I'm not sure what is going on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steveo344, we know the importance of being able to us that feature on your phone. At the other devices not seeing your phone also using WPA2 PSK? For the devices that do see your phone, is the hotspot working properly for them?

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WRHS71

Same here. Lots of devices can't see the hotspot that did before. Yes they are using WPA2 PSK. Randomly connects on occasion if left on for an extremely long time. Sometimes never connects at all. Also have a HUMx which is not visible on the Note 8 or any other device. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to learn the Hotspot on your Note 8 is not working. I use my Hotspot all the time so I understand the convenience. Let's start our troubleshooting. With Wi-Fi turned off, turn on the Hotspot and navigate to settings > connections > mobile Hotspot and tethering > tap the Mobile Hotspot switch off, then back on > press OK to confirm. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes