Multiple texts sent?
Galt1138
Enthusiast - Level 2

People are getting texts from me as much as 8 to 25 times per single text. I've cleared the cache on the messaging apps, and it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm using ChompSMS or the default message app. It happens whether I'm on Wifi or using data. I have a Galaxy Note Edge running Android 5.0.1.
Please let me know if there is a fix for this, as it is very, very annoying.

Tags (1)
Re: Multiple texts sent?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Galt1138, this certainly sounds frustrating and let's work together on getting your text messages back tot normal. When did this issue you start? Have you tested it with out the ChompSMS application installed?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rainbows541
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. Been happening for 2 weeks now. Wi-Fi or not. Sending messages takes forever, sending pics takes even longer with many attempts. Phone cuts between 4g and 3g all the time. So sick of this phone, and this contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rainbows541 It's unfortunate that your messages are delayed. What zip code are you located in?

renSheritaHH_VZW
FolVZW us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer�Answer� under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rainbows541
Enthusiast - Level 2

97701. Is there an update or something I missed about my friends and family receiving 3-25 texts evertime I reply to them?

0 Likes
Rainbows541
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG Vista. Done all of the troubleshooting imaginable, cleared messaging cache, called a liar at the store...it's nice to know that the phone I entered into a 2 yr contract for and I pay a monthly installment on was obsolete the day the sales man offed it on me.  Lesson learned. I work too hard for this type of embarrassment.

0 Likes
Galt1138
Enthusiast - Level 2

FWIW, I switched to Textra for my texting app, and changed notifications so it's only that app. I've been using it for a couple of months, and it seems to have fixed the multiple texts issue.

0 Likes
Galt1138
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to Textra for my texting app and this seems to have fixed the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience we want you to have. We appreciate your business, and want your texts to flow correctly for you. So that we can continue troubleshooting, I have sent you a Private Message.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes