My Galaxy Note 3 has quit giving me notifications when I get text messages...I have checked and re-checked all of the setting, restarted, took the battery out and etc...and still...no notifications....anyone else having this problem?
cigi922

My Galaxy Note 3 has stopped sending text notifications, sound and otherwise,   I have checked all settings, restarted, took battery out and etc - anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Galaxy Note 3 has quit giving me notifications when I get text messages...I have checked and re-checked all of the setting, restarted, took the battery out and etc...and still...no notifications....anyone else having this problem?
deonthego
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to fix the issue by going under sounds there was a section called 'Samsung applications' then I had to select messages and click to slow notification.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy Note 3 has quit giving me notifications when I get text messages...I have checked and re-checked all of the setting, restarted, took the battery out and etc...and still...no notifications....anyone else having this problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying such great steps already, cigi922. Are you able to hear any sound during a phone call if you place the call on speaker? Did this start after using headphones, installing a new application, or updating the phone? Try placing your phone into Safe Mode http://vz.to/T21FWW and see if the sound returns.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
hyundaitech682
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having notification problems.  If I have messaging app(stock) open when I receive a text, no vibration or LED, just notification sound.  If the screen is off, I get both sound and vibrate + LED.  Only happened after OTA 4.4.2 update.

0 Likes
deonthego
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to fix the issue by going under sounds there was a section called 'Samsung applications' then I had to select messages and click to slow notification.

0 Likes