My Note 4 reset by itself
Punkoz

My Note 4 reset by itself and I had to re-download everything. This is the second time it has happened to me.  It was just sitting on the table, then I noticed the Verizon screen popped up. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any reasons why the phone would reset itself? I wasn't doing anything on the phone. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Note 4 reset by itself
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you're keen to keep your phone then I would just research any 3rd party apps you want to install to see if anyone else has reported them messing up their phone. Apps always want access to everything inside your phone so to me it seems reasonable enough that eventually it could cause a problem such as the one you're experiencing.

You could also check and see if your updates are set to automatic. In fact, go into settings>system update (or whatever route you have to take to get to system update) and see when the last time it updated.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It factory reset it's self?

0 Likes
Punkoz

Yes, everything was deleted.  All my apps and photos. I had to redo everything.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you install any apps prior to this happening both times?

0 Likes
Punkoz

No new apps.  I wasn't even doing anything.  I was playing a game earlier then put down the phone.  5-10 minutes later, I noticed the Verizon screen.  My screen lock is set to 30 seconds, so it had to have auto locked prior to resetting.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

No new apps even within the last week? I didn't mean in the moment it happened.

0 Likes
Punkoz

No.  I don't really download much content.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When did you purchase the device? This seems to be an uncommon issue.

0 Likes
Punkoz

Dec 2014.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The good news is that you're still within your manufactures warranty. You'll have to send them the device to look at it, or you can use your insurance if you have it. To me that seems like a hardware error - if you Google your issue it doesn't seem to be standard, though I didn't spend a lot of time researching.

0 Likes