My Samsung Galaxy Note 5 continually drops calls in my house
JayLyn614
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to Verizon about 6 weeks ago and my Samsung Note 5 only has 1 bar of service and continually drops calls in my house. My neighbor has 4 bars and everyone else's Verizon phones work well in my house. Any suggestions on how to improve the reception?

Re: My Samsung Galaxy Note 5 continually drops calls in my house
jd12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why didn't you exchange it for another phone while in your 14 day exchange window? You could have tried another phone to see if that would have helped. Motorola phones seem to have the best reception of the phones now days. I am in a weak signal area and so i got a NetWork Extender and it helps but verizon needs to fill in the holes in there coverage.  

0 Likes
JayLyn614
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would have exchanged the phone if I had thought it was the problem initially. No other service provider works in my house. I had previously been with Straight Talk on a CDMA Verizon phone and it worked perfectly. Logically, I thought Verizon would work fine as well. I thought it was just the network giving me problems until Thanksgiving when all of my family's phones (all on Verizon) worked in my house and mine didn't. So now I know it's the phone and not the network!

0 Likes
danwatson

Same thing. After moving from the Note 3 to Note 5...I get horrible signal and often drop calls. Try disabling HD calling on your device and also call to have it removed from your account. I find my phone is more willing to drop to 3g or 1x to hold a call now. Unfortunately you get no internet while on calls unless you are on wifi which is horrible.

0 Likes
sjackee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ham having the same exact issues with my Note 5. I experienced the same issues with my note 3 until there was an upgrade. I can predict exactly where it's going to drop a call it is crazy!

0 Likes