My charger started smoking. Now my phone won't charge with any charger at all. What do I do now?
shelley272002

My charger started smoking in my phone so I took it out and it was flaming. Now my phone won't charge with any charger at all. What do I do now? It works, I haven't had it a yr yet and I have full coverage on it. Just use a charging pad with the sticker over the battery so it works? Or will Verizon replace it?

0 Likes
Re: My charger started smoking in my phone so I took it out and it was flaming. Now my phone won't charge with any charger at all. What do I do now? It works, I haven't had it a yr yet and i have full coverage on it.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can use the 1 year manufacture warranty. I believe it extends to the charger as well. The phone needs to be in good condition physically with the charging port being the only problem.

0 Likes
Re: My charger started smoking. Now my phone won't charge with any charger at all. What do I do now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there [Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

I regret to hear that your phone had burned up like that! That is certainly not something that is supposed to happen. I'm glad though, that it wasn't worse and didn't result in any harm to anyone. However, the absolute best bet will be to bring the device, charger, and everything that it came with to the store (Including the box if possible). Because of the nature of the issue, we will be able to take care of it this way. You can find your nearest store by following this link and entering your zip code/address: http://spr.ly/6589Bn8VH

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My charger started smoking in my phone so I took it out and it was flaming. Now my phone won't charge with any charger at all. What do I do now? It works, I haven't had it a yr yet and i have full coverage on it.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MilHere that is some excellent advice.  In fact it's exactly where I was going to be looking at a as a response.  If you have any questions or concerns on this please let us know.
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes