My contacts are showing up on my husband's phone
chickky311
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband got a new phone a few days ago and we noticed that both mine and his contacts showed up on the new phone after he set it up.  Seems like Verizon cloud added my contacts to his phone for some reason, but we can't figure out how to get my contacts off of his phone.  We both have Samsung Galaxy phones (his is Note 20 and mine is S10e) and we are each logged into our own cloud account on our individual phones.

It is possible to manually delete these contacts from his phone but I'm worried that they will disappear from the cloud if he does that and I don't want all of my own contacts to be wiped out in that case.

Got any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My contacts are showing up on my husband's phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chickky311, 

No worries. We'll look into this for you. Verizon Cloud is associated with your mobile number. What steps did you take to back up Verizon Cloud on each device? Did you initially activate the devices on the wrong mobile number? 

Here's more information regarding how Verizon Cloud works: 

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D3723624533492652519093472425294...

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
chickky311
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't done anything with my device.  He got a new phone, so he backed up his contacts to the cloud on his old phone before switching to the new phone.  His new phone was activated with his own phone number, not mine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chickky311

This is a mystery to us, too. He has two options to remove those unwanted contacts on his device. He can manually delete those contacts from his device or edit contacts online at Verizon Cloud on a computer. To get Verizon Cloud on a computer, click the link below and refer to item #7. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D3723624533492652519093472425294...

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
chickky311
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried to go to the Verizon Cloud website to manage the contacts but every time I try to access it I get an error message, as if the website is malfunctioning.  I have tried on several different computers and I always get the same error message:

Whitelabel Error Page

This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.

Tue Dec 29 12:44:54 PST 2020
There was an unexpected error (type=Not Found, status=404).
No result defined for action com.vzw.cloud.web.rd.action.CloudRouter and result interceptor_failure
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chickky311, 

Did you download the Verizon Cloud desktop application to your computer? You can also access your Cloud content online through the My Verizon website here?  https://cloudforlife.verizonwireless.com/ott/#/login

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
chickky311
Enthusiast - Level 2

So when I go to that link it tells me I need to upgrade to a different cloud plan.  I currently have a "contacts only" plan and my husband has the 600GB plan for his contacts, photos, messages, etc.

Isn't there just a way to log in to my Verizon account and see which contacts are on his phone and which are on my phone and adjust them accordingly?  I don't know why this has to be so complicated.

0 Likes
Creekindian2

I have the same issue,  but my fiance doesn't have the cloud.  This must be a Yahoo security breach issue.  All her contacts, not recent,  were synced to my phone.  This was an old contacts list that was only on her yahoo account. We have never shared accounts,  so verizon must be sharing contact info from customers with others.  

0 Likes
Creekindian2

This is not the problem... it's yahoo account info.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Creekindian2, 

The security of your personal information and contacts is our first priority. We reassure you that we don't share your information with other customers. 

-Lasina 

0 Likes