My message tones no longer work and it seems to have been the result of last update?
eshell77

Not sure if this is because of the last update, but it seems my message tones no longer work since the update happened. When someone calls my phone rings and vibrates, when someone sends me a text, it doesn't ring or vibrate.. Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, what needs to be done to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: My message tones no longer work and it seems to have been the result of last update?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were you using custom notification tones or the stock ones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My message tones no longer work and it seems to have been the result of last update?
eshell77

At first I was using the ones from Zedge, but then I took them off, thinking it was the app, so I applied the ones from the phone and just using the same ones for all my contacts.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the settings in the text message app to ensure that nothing was changed as a result of the update, i.e., are the settings to vibrate and ring on and a ringtone selected?

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

Having the exact same issue with one exception...the notification sounds work intermittently but more often not. All settings are appropriately checked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there eshell77,

Software updates are meant to improve the overall performance of the phone. I'm sorry to hear that yours caused a bit of an issue. Do you have the device volume turned all the way up? Go into the volume settings and make sure that turn off all sounds is disabled,http://vz.to/1n4mWqy. Also try a soft reset as well,http://vz.to/1aPVmxo.

Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

Device volume is turned all the way up and turn off all sounds is disabled. Interestingly, soft reset has worked intermittently but, even when it has, phone still reverts back to no notification tones within hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update bluestar. I know that it is important to receive audible alerts. Do you show the notification icon at the top of the phone when this happens? Do you have any 3rd party SMS apps installed?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, I do have a 3rd party SMS app installed. Possibly the culprit? but everything worked before the update. Will uninstall and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
eshell77

Thank you for everyone's help.  The issue has been resolved.Smiley Happy

Erin Shell wrote:

Not sure if this is because of the last update, but it seems my message tones no longer work since the update happened. When someone calls my phone rings and vibrates, when someone sends me a text, it doesn't ring or vibrate.. Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, what needs to be done to fix it?

0 Likes