My phone went to boot loop after updating my OS. My screen also splits during reboot. I brought it to Samsung and they said that my phone's hardware is all intact. Need help on getting my phone working again
jayjaybelbel

My phone started random re boots after i updated my Note 4 OS. Now, even the screen will remain dark. Samsung inspected it and cleared it of any physical damage. I need help in rebooting my phone

0 Likes
Re: My phone went to boot loop after updating my OS. My screen also splits during reboot. I brought it to Samsung and they said that my phone's hardware is all intact. Need help on getting my phone working again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's rule out interference from 3rd party applications. Turn off your phone and remove the SD card if there is one. Then power on in safe mode. If everything works in safe mode, there is an issue with an application that was installed on your device. Instructions for safe mode are here: http://vz.to/1B30APG.
NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: My phone went to boot loop after updating my OS. My screen also splits during reboot. I brought it to Samsung and they said that my phone's hardware is all intact. Need help on getting my phone working again
jayjaybelbel

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately, that did not work. I tried going to the recovery but it just keeps looping.

0 Likes
AngryVerizonWirelessC
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update you received tweaks the battery, throwing the phone into a reboot loop.  I went to my verizon store and asked them to test this with a different battery.  Once the other battery from a different phone was installed the phone worked as expected.  I went and purchased a new battery.

0 Likes
AngryVerizonWirelessC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note: there is no grantee this is what's wrong with your phone.  Test with a different battery before buying one.

0 Likes