NEW N900VVRUEOF1 UPDATE NOT HELPING ?
DevinPotter
Enthusiast - Level 3

so what's going on with this update does anybody know I've already looked at the specifications on what is included in this update but I don't see anything about fixing the signal issue with the note 3.............  

HEADS UP !!!!   to Verizon Wireless I have done everything to my phone including sending my to the Samsung!!!!!  you name it I've done it let me be clear you name it I've done it just tell me a little bit more about this update !!!!   this internet thing should be more consistent and it should have been addressed in the update you should give all of your customers a heads up when this update to 6.0 is coming out I heard from the Samsung store in Best Buy that is supposed to be the end of this month but I'm not sure Verizon give us an update 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NEW N900VVRUEOF1 UPDATE NOT HELPING ?
Zonked
Enthusiast - Level 2

Devin, I solved my reception problem by opening the back cover, opening the small cover to the right of the battery to reveal the external antenna lead, attaching a small antenna wire to it, securing it was some tape and running the wire around the outside of the battery compartment.  I returned everything to its proper position and turned on the phone.  Ever since my reception has improved 300%!  I had 4 - 5 bars and 4G in places where I only had none to 1 bar and 3G/1X before, even when I travel between zones.  No more dropped customer calls!  No more lost data connections!

To me, that further proves that Samsung had an issue with the on-board antenna in the Note 3.  For all I know, there are already antenna kits for the Note out there.  However, a small antenna wire from an old laptop coupled with a few pieces of thin packing tape was enough for me - free and easy.  Good luck with your Note!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Zonked
Enthusiast - Level 2

Going through the same thing as you (I think).  Note 3 still has terrible reception in areas that it shouldn't - even my wife's iPhone 4s does better.  It seemed to start about the time I received the last major update - Lollipop?  Ever since, I drop customer calls driving down fairly decent cellular corridors and have poor 4G reception.  I've taken the Note 3 back to factory defaults twice and reloaded apps at great expense in time and sanity - it didn't help.

Now, enter the N900VVRUEOF1 update.  The update ran automatically a couple of weeks ago.  Everything is pretty much the same with one unfortunate exception: my battery drains at twice the normal speed.  I can only go about half as long without connecting to a charger.  I've removed all battery-draining apps, reset it several times and run a black wallpaper, all of which help a little bit, but it is still not the same.  It's almost like what Windows 10 does to laptop batteries.  Anyone else experiencing the same thing?  In any event, I can live with the battery issue, but the reception problem has got to be resolved soon or I've got to get a new phone.  I'm tired of dropping customers and vendors mid-conversation!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the heads up on the concern that you are having with your Note 3 Znked. Let's partner together and get your device working the way you're used to. Let's start with your reception concern. May I ask what zip code are you in? Are you experiencing the issue indoors & outdoors? Also, here's a link to extend the battery like on hte Note 3. http://spr.ly/6584ByPkw

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zonked
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Zip Code is 17356.  I have the issue both inside and outside.  Worse when I travel.  The Note 3 has never been quite as good as my old Motorola X2 at finding/keeping signal - both data and phone traffic.  However, if was better before Lollipop.  I heard rumors from other engineers that there were some tower issues with Verizon in our area over the past several months, but judging from what I read from other Note 3 users, that's not the whole story.

As for the battery, I've pretty much done everything on the list that you sent me and it made a positive difference, but a small one.  Still much worse after the latest software update.  However, the communications concern is primary.  I should also note that the local Verizon store also replaced my SIM card after I started having problems.  No change in poor reception after the SIM was installed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That area looks good as far as service is concerned. Do you know of any other Verizon Wireless users or phones having trouble in the same area?
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zonked
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked with my other two engineers in the area - both of whom are on Verizon, and neither of which have a Note 3.  Neither of them are experiencing any difficulties with their reception.  The same goes for my wife's Verizon iPhone 4s, my daughter's Verizon iPhone 6 and my son's Verizon LG 3.  It appears to be only my Note 3 which is suffering.  This seems to be the case with other Note 3 users as well in other areas of the country.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zonked, thank you for all of your investigative work. Now that we know that the issue seems to be specific to your phone, other than the software update, do you recall any recent apps or games that were downloaded? Have you tried the phone in Safe Mode since this began?
LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
Zonked
Enthusiast - Level 2

Devin, I solved my reception problem by opening the back cover, opening the small cover to the right of the battery to reveal the external antenna lead, attaching a small antenna wire to it, securing it was some tape and running the wire around the outside of the battery compartment.  I returned everything to its proper position and turned on the phone.  Ever since my reception has improved 300%!  I had 4 - 5 bars and 4G in places where I only had none to 1 bar and 3G/1X before, even when I travel between zones.  No more dropped customer calls!  No more lost data connections!

To me, that further proves that Samsung had an issue with the on-board antenna in the Note 3.  For all I know, there are already antenna kits for the Note out there.  However, a small antenna wire from an old laptop coupled with a few pieces of thin packing tape was enough for me - free and easy.  Good luck with your Note!

0 Likes
vdctech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regarding the Note 3 Update (N900VVRUEOF1) - Since the update to my note3 on Aug 20th, my Verizon Wireless

signal has dropped in strength dramatically! My battery drains faster also. How do I REMOVE this update??!!

I want my signal strength back!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are suppose to improve your phone vdctech not make it worse. How long has this been going on for? What is your zip code? How far do you have to go in order for it to get better? Are all your applications updated?

AmberF_VZW

0 Likes