Re: NEW N900VVRUEOF1 UPDATE NOT HELPING ?
vdctech
Enthusiast - Level 2

AmberF_VZW, as I already stated, the reception issue started right after the update. My zip is 61705. All of my apps are updated regularly, and I don't run that many anyway. I am an IT professional and know the importance of updates. I also know that my reception is not that same since the update! Thanks

0 Likes
Re: NEW N900VVRUEOF1 UPDATE NOT HELPING ?
Zonked
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am the same as vdctech - I'm an IT professional with lots of smartphone experience.  Exactly the same reception issue (which I solved at least temporarily with a wire to the external antenna lead - something I shouldn't have to do), but even worse for me is the battery life issue.  Immediately after the update, I started to lose the charge on the battery twice as fast.  I run power-saving options, use a black background, and have removed any apps that are no longer used and sap battery power.  It is still not even close to acceptable.  Unless I plug it in, I'll go from 100% to 5% in 2 - 3 hours of standard use (20 - 30 minutes talk time, 30 minutes of direct app usage for email, calendar, etc.).  There are enough people who have experienced the same things in the last two updates to the Note 3 to justify some serious work by Verizon and Samsung to release a fix update.

0 Likes