NFC stuck "on" but not on
mcshank86

The nfc button shows up like it is trying to turn on but has been stuck in that state for two days. Went into options to try it that way, but the slide bar is locked in much the same way. Reset it multiple times to no avail. Any suggestions?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: NFC stuck "on" but not on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mcshank86,

We want all of your device features to work! The NFC function requires an NFC sim card in the device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/nfc-sim-faqs/ . Do you have an NFC Sim Card in the phone?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mcshank86

Yes, in fact I had been using it almost exclusively. Great feature. Woke up one day and it was stuck between on and off. Still in that condition as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mcshank86,

We cannot agree with you more - that's a wonderful feature - and we want you to be able to enjoy it again. How long has it been stuck for? When you say you've done a reset, does that mean you've turned the phone off/on? Or does it mean you completely erased everything on the phone?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mcshank86

It has now been stuck for about a week. When I say reset I only meant powering on and off. I've been hoping there might be another option than having to do a factory reset. I suppose that might be unavoidable

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the clarification mcshank86. I would like to have you try to remove and reinsert the sim card into the phone to see if that helps. Please keep us posted with the outcome.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mcshank86

Removed the Sim card, still having the same issue. What's next?

0 Likes
slowz3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Log into the bootloader, I think it is power button + volume up at the same time  delete cache and dalvik cache

0 Likes
AtlNote4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:                   

Thanks so much for the clarification mcshank86. I would like to have you try to remove and reinsert the sim card into the phone to see if that helps. Please keep us posted with the outcome.

Reinsert SIM For an NFC issue??  Battery maybe, but not the SIM...

slowz3r wrote:

Log into the bootloader, I think it is power button + volume up at the same time  delete cache and dalvik cache

This.

0 Likes
Ratrita

I'm having the same NFC issue on my Galaxy Note4. I have removed and reinserted my SIM card, removed and reinserted the battery, restarted the phone several times. The NFC button is gray but in the ON mode. I am unable to do anything with the Android Beam or S Beam.

Can someone PLEASE help. I love this feature!!

0 Likes