Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
crf450r420
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny, the largest wireless company doesn't have enough testers. Guess they can't afford as many as the other companies? The other funny thought is the free developers are able to test things quicker without one paid tester and some of them even release new versions every month or two. I guess it's just to much for Verizon to do though.

crf450r420
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not giving up my screen for a few new internal parts. I'm shopping other carriers now, but have not found anything to get me gone just yet. Not that this lack of respect doesn't make me want to go.

Tidbits
Legend

Funny those developers are also not held liable for anything if your phone breaks. You are on your own. I bet they'd take longer if they were liable. If crap hits the fan people blame carriers and not the manufacturer. In Europe it's the opposite go figure...

0 Likes
smoggendon
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems to me that there is no hurry to get updates out when there are new phones to be bought with the updates already on them.

CRSJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is pretty sad that Verizon is ALWAYS last when it comes to customer service. I fully expect their next commercial to be offering us a premium customer service plan which includes, receiving updates first. I absolutely love my Note 3, and I wish I didn't even know about the Kitkat update.

CRSJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

It also always surprises me that companies just don't get how to gain trust. If Verizon would stop spending millions upon millions on commercials about their coverage area and focus on customer service, they'd have less complaints on this community site. Instead of trying to get only new customers into their store,  to which they will give better pricing to, maybe focus on existing customers a little too. They love to sell us the next best thing, the S5, but if they'd just get better at taking care of their existing customers, we'd be in the stores and also recommending them to our friends. Just give us the updates when they're available, not when they can be bloated with junk first.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CRSJ we aim to be the best at delivering our customers outstanding service! What's causing you to feel otherwise? I certainly understand wanting the update as soon as possible! There hasn't been a release date as of yet, but you can stay on top of the latest info by visiting http://bit.ly/dDumph

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

CRSJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

It always seems that you, the poor customer service representative, get the grief. I know you only have access to what corporate wants you to know. I just think that a company the size of Verizon should be releasing any updates first. They keep our devices running to the potential that was told to me when I paid a hefty price to buy. Supporting your existing customers should be a high priority. With all the access to media via reviews and support sites, it will be a deciding factor on whether or not you get a new customer. I am going to be very diligent when renewing my next contract, and if these delays and excuses along with feedback from your site had to help me decide, I'd go somewhere else. I'd be a fool not to. I'm not saying that any provider is perfect, but all these price increases are making me want to make sure that I'm getting my monies worth. I'm also hearing rumors of "discounted" phone upgrade prices might be going up. Not helping me feel like tolerating Verizons customer support.

pgrillone

I got my update the other day when I sold my note 3 and upgraded to the htc m8

0 Likes
pgrillone

or you could just get the m8 and be done with it.

0 Likes