VZW has finally released their official Android 4.4.3 KitKat update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Thanks Verizon! You are the first US carrier to roll out this OS update.
APRIL FOOLS' JOKE
I have it on my T-Mobile version, and I am not happy at all with it. There are some bugs that are present and hope the Verizon version when it does get updated does not have this problem. Verizon could give up to the pressure everyone is doing and we may not see a fix for them for much longer. With the way Samsung blocked downgrading I will no longer buy Samsung products especially if they still have Knox...
My desk drawer at home. I have more at the office. These are the currently most used devices at my work place. The brown boxes are what used the most. The office uses Verizon, and AT&T services(company pays), and at home I use T-Mobile(I pay). Verizon is hands down the best when I go out in the field, and use it always in work related situation. T-Mobile is cheap and since I rarely travel to 40% of the island let alone inter island when I am not at work it is more than enough for personal use.
"Verizon could give up to the pressure everyone is doing and we may not see a fix for them for much longer."
Do you think that we are waiting for bug fixes, less bloatware, or new features? Hopefully, we will NOT get exclusive bugs, more bloatware, and/or removed features!
Any OS/app has at least one bug. I really hope that users on the greatest US carrier will get TIMELY Android OS updates, including bug fixes, as far as they get phones with LOCKED bootloader!
As shown with one of the T-Mobile recent 4.4 updates which there had a completely different version and some of the bugs plaguing the other major carriers and overseas were not on the T-Mobile version. So the fact remains sometimes waiting IS A GOOD THING.
You won't get timely updates because people like YOU treat as if carriers are the blame for everything for something THEY don't manufacturer. If you pressured MANUFACTURERS like they do in Europe Manufacturers would hold more cards to pressure carriers to release updates, but people like you guys are too blind to see it... Learn from Europe...
This discussion is about KitKat Update for Verizon Note 3...
1. The manufacturer (Samsung) started pushing out the Android 4.4.2 update back in January with a major "bug" that was fixed later in February.
2. Retail version of Verizon Note 3 has locked bootloader.
3. Google is working on Android 4.4.3 which could be a major bug fix update, while we are still waiting for Android 4.4.2 to be officially released by Verizon.
1. I blame Samsung for the late update and its bugs till February.
2. I blame Verizon for the VERY LATE update and any EXCLUSIVE bugs due to bloatware and/or removed feature(s).
3. I blame Google for the known OS bugs in Android 4.4.2, which should be fixed in the next release.
Comparing carriers in Europe and US is meaningless!