Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cherylsigns99,

Software updates can be exciting! We have no information on the KitKat software update for the Galaxy Note 3. Rest assured, Verizon Wireless and Samsung are working extremely hard to ensure that you have the best device experience. You can keep up with the latest software releases for this device here http://vz.to/1elEgJy .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
thegman4ever
Enthusiast - Level 1

The fact that T-mobile, Sprint, & Att all have released the 4.2.2 update to the note 3 just makes me want to leave Verizon more and more. and Verizon stating that Samsung has not release it to them is BS when Verizon is the biggest of the carriers. what it is, just like all other big companies, their customers come last.   I suggest everyone do what i am doing. Leave Verizon.  The NOTE 3 is unlocked from factory.  you can put any sim card in it and use any carrier.  I will be going to T-mobile at the end of the month.  They have good prices and they keep their phones up to date.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You phone is still a Verizon Note 3. Putting a T-Mobile SIM in it won't give you the kitkat update. Also you won't get 4G speeds either. Seriously this is all silly. I have kitkat on my G2. I've not notice much of anything different. My life hasn't changed one bit. Seriously you are not missing anything. What even more funny is that if Google never came out with kitkat you'd be perfectly fine with you phone. Seriously I'd like to know what you think you are missing out on.

0 Likes
S_Bumgardner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response. I installed three just to check out the differences. Haven't found "software upgrade" yet, but I'm still looking and learning.

0 Likes
cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link that has been past around I am not sure how to install. I see the new software in my tablet. And some of the features I like. I just don't get how u can work backwards instead if forward. Some say the update will be next week. One thing I like about Apple everyone gets updated on the same day or about.

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

You don't know when the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 / S4 will get KitKat 4.4.2 ???, but the much older HTC Droid DNA is set to get KitKat before us, and if you read the last sentence in the article, it reads: "HTC states that the update should begin to hit devices on April 24." HTC DROID DNA Update Approved, Android 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5 Inbound | Droid Life

0 Likes
cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was in verizon today. The Samsung rep was there. He said we are to get it at the end of May. I explained that I wanted to get rid of my note 3 cause of the non existence of the update. And that's what he told me.

0 Likes
enerbunny
Enthusiast - Level 1

The lack of timely updates by Verizon is totally unacceptable. Currently I have Verizon service off contract. I just ordered a Note 3 and it will be delivered tomorrow. When I ordered it I mistakenly assumed that the phone would immediately update to kitkat. It never crossed my mind that Verizon would be this far behind on updating a premium, top tier phone, particularly when kitkat has been released for months. I've had Verizon service for many years and the service level continues to decline. When the phone arrives tomorrow I will be sending it back without activation and without opening the product box. I want a Note 3 and I'll be closing my Verizon account and switching carriers to get one that has a current, updated operating system. I won't be waiting a month for the Verizon update. We pay more for Verizon service. We should expect and insist on superior service.

Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

I just can't believe a phone that is a year older (HTC Droid DNA) than the Galaxy Note 3 is set to get KitKat 4.4.2, but Verizon doesn't even know if or when the Note 3 will get it. HTC DROID DNA Update Approved, Android 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5 Inbound | Droid Life ... The 4 other carriers have had the Note 3 / S4 updated to KitKat weeks ago, they are getting ready to launch updates for the S III and Note 2 anytime now, but us Verizon Note 3 / S4 users can only hear the crickets chirping.

0 Likes
Archon0670
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only a total asshole would think this prank is funny.  Your parents must be proud of the way you turned out.