Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really do no understand this "testing" that needs to be done.  The device has already been tested, on Verizon hardware, prior to the update being given to you guys.  Your roll, should be nothing more than a wireless data provider.  What we do on our devices is not your concern (should you change your logo to an apple?).  When you guys learn this, you will be wireless data providing gods... until then, just pretend there is not 15 pages of your customers that feel the same way I do.

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guest this is why there's a Google Play Edition, this one get updated a lot sooner. 

That way you don't have the frustrating staying in the dark about your phone updates, like is happening right now with the Verizon Note 3 KitKat update.

That will be my choice next time...

DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon won't be pushing the NC2 build of KitKat, apparently there is a ND4 or NDxx build that should be the OTA. Hopefully sometime this week. Who knows with them though. For the people who don't understand why people want the KitKat update so bad, it brings with it updated api levels, newer drivers, memory performance tweaks, better ram management, and some more overall OS smoothness. As well as better battery life, if the camera bug has been fixed (which I'd hope so after this long of Verizon testing). This OTA better be insanely perfect if they are going to wait this long to push out 6 month old software to a "flagship" device, whose siblings on other major us carriers have had it for at least a month now if not longer (sprint and us cellular...wow they got it in February on their Note 3's). The Note 3 Neo has gotten KitKat, the Note 2 received KitKat this past Friday in France, the S4 active did get it but is halted currently, so c'mon Verizon! If your bloatware doesn't work with KitKat then take it out and push out the update. It isn't just about getting white status bar icons. Receiving 4.4 will also allow you to have certain apps on your phone that the current MJE software will not allow like the recently released Google camera apk, Google now launcher and other fun apps. Sure the average person looks at KitKat and could care less or see any difference, but there are plenty of under the hood goodies and improvements made with this update. So it would be very nice to get it.

DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

couldn't say it any better! They take foreverrrrr pushing updates and they are still buggy, so why not push it when AT&T, T-Mobile and sprint are all fully capable of releasing software updates much sooner and usually fewer or the same bugs as Verizon? I'd like to have the OS updates for the updated drivers, api levels, ram management and being able to use apps that require the higher OS levels.

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

As long as the 4.4.2 update is stable for the Note 3, there is no reason for Verizon to continue holding back on the update, but I just don't want any problems that LG G2 users have faced with the battery drain and poor performance  Re: LG G2 kitkat SEVERE battery drain and performace issues. It appears that a solution to fix the issue posted by user J.Carp worked out for them though.

0 Likes
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

My main point is this.  It should not be up to the carrier when we update our mobile device's OS.  Plain and simple.  I would love to see Verizon be the first to say, "no more restrictions, if you want us to manage your OS, no problem, if you want to run bleeding edge betas, go for it"  Imagine a company going back to that mentality...

micp1480
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am getting so disgusted with Verizon, between bloated software that I can't delete from my phone, to be constantly the last to get the latest firmware, but when you want your monthly payment, you wouldn't think twice about shutting off our phone until we pay.

cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh I agree they will shit u off in a heart beat

DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Say what say wha?!?! 🙂

aaaaaaaaron
Enthusiast - Level 2

Complaints filed on these forums mean nothing to verizon.  There are several examples of just how little anyone there cares in this very thread.  How many times have vz reps replied with some silly "how can we make this better?" response here when it is obvious what everyone is asking for.

Has VZ really employed a support staff that cannot figure out what everyone here is saying?  It seems unlikely they could find a group of people that dense even if they deliberately tried to.

Dear Verizon reps:  you can resolve this issue by releasing the update.  That is how you make your customers happy.  Release the update.  Do whatever all the other carriers do that lets them release updates more quickly than you do.  Release the update.  Spend some of the money you collect from us to hire the people you need to release the update.  Work with your vendors to ensure you get whatever you need from them to release the update.  Tell your superiors that they can make customers happy be releasing the update.  Release the update.

I hope this gives you enough information to understand what is needed here.  Release the update.  There is no need to respond with some pathetic canned response asking how you can help.  The answer to every question you have in your copy and paste list is release the update.

Release the update.