Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Deep down, we all know they do not care.  It is just a nice place for us to express our irritation.  If Verizon really cared about these forums, half, if not more, of the topics, would be deleted.  The marketing department would have a heart attack.

cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

i just talked to Samsung. Verizon does not support the update VIA Kies.  I don't get this. If Kies is a part of Samsung why does Verizon Block this update??  I am so tired of waiting. I know they can't do it all at once but come on. The situation has made me so frustrated  with this Phone. I have the gear and like to switch up my phone up, but come on this is bad. To have great customer service you should keep ur people updated.

write4food
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll be switching to ATT when the Note 4 comes out, and it is because of the lethargic process of updates.  Look, a lot of people here may say calm down, it's not a big deal.  Or, they don't want Kit Kat.  When I hear comments like that, I think about the Luddites.  I like updates, I like staying on the edge of innovation, be it hardware software.  I don't think there is really that much of a difference between the two carriers in my area (North Hollywood).  But I find this insulting, having to wait this long for an update.  That's my own personal opinion, I could care less for the asinine comments, "My phone is working just fine without Kit Kat" - Well good for you!

Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

The Note 3 is supposed to be one of the best phones out there. I just don't see any reason why it's the last phone to be updated. The Note 2 and S3 (on other carriers) will probably get the update before we do. The specs that the note 3 has, I would expect at least 3-4 more updates after KitKat. It is just too good of a phone to get ignored by having the latest software.

DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Yea Mike... The S3 is getting an update today. Go figure. Build vrucnc1. This is insane.

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Hopefully the tech sites are right about a possible 4.4.2 KitKat roll out for the Verizon Note 3 on May 2nd. Every other Verizon phone seems to have KitKat now. Since we have waited so long and are still waiting, they should not only give us KitKat, but they should also include a roll out for the latest version of Samsung's Touchwiz IU (the same build that the Galaxy S5 has).

DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Mike, I just saw that the VZW S4 KitKat 4.4.2 update was supposed to push OTA on may 2nd in that leaked document, nothing about the Note 3. But, the S4 did push out early, so maybe this Friday will be for the Note 3 ????

DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon.... Hello?? Is anyone even working at your quality assurance test center? Sprint is pushing KitKat 4.4.2 to their 2 year old Galaxy S3 TODAY! Something is very very wrong here. They use CDMA just like you guys.... They haven't had any major issues with their S4, or Note 3 KitKat builds Where is the Note 3 KitKat 4.4.2 update?? This is embarrassing and down right shameful. You guys need to hire on some of the QA team from Sprint or the other carriers like T-Mobile and AT&T, they've all gotten KitKat out to their Samsung flagships months ago as well as all their other major devices. Unless you guys are adding wifi calling, hd voice, fixing the camera drain issue, SD card issue, 3rd party accessory issue, and adding the galaxy s5 TouchWiz and launcher and camera in your version of KitKat for the Note 3, then this is a complete disaster and embarrassment to you guys.

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know why they are waiting to release this update.  So far, the KitKat on Verizon Note 3 works flawless.

micheal30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well now it has been 3 months since the other carriers have updated their phones to 4.4 and yet the note 3 on verizon still hasn't been updated that is wrong that we have to wait when you are sitting on the update. You updated the Droid DNA , galaxy s4 and the minor update for the s3. Hell the s3 on sprint got 4.4 today  stop sitting on this update and release this update today.

I don't want your script reading forum customer service responding to this and saying blah blah blah and here is a link  to comment. we don't need that we just want the update and that is it.