Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
benjaminzsimon
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I'm on the phone with Samsung right now. But what Verizon did just tell me is that they have it in there computers set to be pushed out in June or July... which is bull!!!! I also asked and she said yes the galaxy s5 have 4.4 already installed... so Verizon basically does have the update just only for the s5 right now.... i am anxious to get the update too now that i see everyone wants it sooo bad, but does anyone even know how big this update is? is it an update to change the whole look and feel of the phone or just some bug fixes??? so the lovely person I'm speaking to in India at Samsung has no idea when they plan to push it to Verizon so they can release it... being transferred to advanced tech support. So they just said they aren't the ones who give the update to Verizon.... Google is. Anddddd now calling Google tech support. Will post again when I have more.

Tizzmahnizz
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are just giving you the run around. Their crap customer service will try to send you running around..instead of telling you to pound sand

cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

That doesn't make any sense. Why would all the other major carriers have it, push it out and then Verizon hasn't received it yet?

0 Likes
tazoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lol just for a good laugh I just called cs and asked about kitkat update

for the note 3 and the pleasant woman said (oh you will get it soon) I

asked an ETA or proposed time and that I would like to have an idea and she

said (oh I would imagine in the next 30 days) I said oh you have a nice

imagination and she laughed and asked me if I had any other concerns, lol

0 Likes
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Nice!

0 Likes
rosedillinger90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's just the most lovely chat I had with a representative. Just to point out, I expected it to turn out this way, but I pretty much cut straight to the chase.

Chat transcript removed as required by the

So yeah. I doubt she'll do anything about this. She probably said that to get me out of her hair. And if she does, they will probably disregard it like many others before me. Just thought you guys would like to hear another tale in the legendary "Battle for KitKat" xD

Message was edited b: Admin Moderator

Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I decided to update my device myself.  Now my $1000+  worth of equipment finally works right.  Gear 2 works perfect, and Google camera is really awesome.  NO ISSUES AT ALL & NO BLOATWARE. 

Screenshot_2014-05-06-16-28-23.png

Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

The run-around is all you'll get. The real deal will be when the first person posts a screenshot of the official Verizon OTA KitKat update popping up on the screen, then you know we all will be getting KitKat within a few days since Verizon "releases in groups" as Melissa said in your chat session.

0 Likes
Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone, and it works great.  Got tired of waiting for Verizon to release it.

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's the way to go, the waiting is over for us Smiley Happy.

0 Likes