Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
jboogie987c
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's funny how you got 2 different answers in one chat session. Just hilarious!!

jboogie987c
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well that was a waste of time but oh well. This dude almost sounded like Vzw support in saying that it's in the works and should be out within the month. I chuckled, yes chuckled, and nodded to him. You can come back and check with us anytime to see if anything new comes up. Thanks anyway......LMAO!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A leaked version of the OS is still unofficial and users not familiar with how the phone works can risk breaking their devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then you should also be aware that discussion of rooting and hacking of devices isn't allowed on the Verizon Wireless Community Forum because of the Terms of Service here. Users who want to modify the phone can go to XDA and other similar sites. I know what is involved myself as I have modified one of my earlier devices. However I found I like the stock OS and minor adjustments like third party launchers on the newer devices. Not everyone has the means, knowhow and time to modify their phone. The majority of the users who find their way to the VZW forum probably don't even know the terms used for modifying the OS, so don't encourage something they don't understand.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

You don't need to root to get KitKat on Verizon Note 3.

You can root if you want to get the benefits of a rooted smartphone.

0 Likes
cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you can't root then how ?

0 Likes
aaaaaaaaron
Enthusiast - Level 2

"don't encourage something they don't understand."

Yes... please join us in ensuring VZ users are ignorant and scared to do anything for themselves!

Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Knowing the steps involved with this, and why those steps have to be taken, I do not think there is anyway to possibly get KitKat without taking the first step...(removed)

Discussion of rooting removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

Basically go into download mode on your phone and use a tool to restore the OS into the device.

Works flawless, but I am sure if I post instructions here, they will be rejected again.

O.o

0 Likes
ForeverZ3RO
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to agree with this. I'm all too ready for 4.4, but this isnt the place for discussing rooting, safestraping, and flashing roms. I've done it plenty of times and it's nowhere near as easy as some of you make it seem. Especially for some who don't have any experience in that area. It is very possible to hard brick your phone or trip the Knox sensor (which voids the warranty) if you don't follow those instruction 100% and make one error. Sometimes it's just safer to have some patience and wait it out if your not prepared with the "know how" to properly root and flash a device. If your experienced enough and are fine with rooting and flashing, go for it and enjoy your early version of Kitkat. But, don't mislead the people on this forum in making it look easy. I'm all for flashing, but I have extensive experience in it. Most people do not and can mess up their devices permanently or void their warranty and insurance.

Joshua M.