Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Note 3 requires an additional step, what you described will work for Note 2.  If you do just this flash on a Note 3 before the additional step, you will have a black screen, soft brick.  Fixing it is easy.

For more information, look into bootloaders, and how the Note 3 is different than the Note 2.

0 Likes
Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes is safer if you are not willing to spend the time on learning that process. 

But, is Verizon faults, they force users search for options to get their devices updated.  Is a shame that is the ONLY wireless provider that still doesn't give their customers KitKat for the Note 3.

jboogie987c
Enthusiast - Level 3

And to those that aren't familiar with the process, they should NOT do it! Even XDA alerts you of the possibility of bricking your device so proceed at YOUR OWN RISK. That statement to me tells me all I need to know. And to take all this back to the head, I simply asked a member if he rooted or was somehow lucky enough to have received the OTA somehow. This is getting to be ridiculous, the lack of communication from the carrier, the lies....oops untruths from the Sales Associates and the finger pointing.

@Ever and Ricky.Vaughn2, thanks for the replies.

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

The website that post the instructions on April 17,2014 is not available anymore, luckily i had save them into a Word document and I don't see any additional steps.

As you know, that can't be posted here.

0 Likes
Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are welcome, just trying to help.

And yes, you can bricked your device if:

- You flash a Stock Tar that doesn't belongs to your device.

- If you don't have enough battery during the process  and your device goes off.

- The data transfer is interrupted during the process, like unplug the cable.

For people that founds hard to take the necessary precautions, is better to don't event try it. Smiley Happy

Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hard bricking is a thing of the past.  Samsung has fixed this for us by providing the ability to, 99.9% of the time, restore to factory firmware.  In fact, I have not heard of a single hard brick in a very long time.  And if you are worried about KNOX, then just wait for Verizon. 

Look, I am not saying everyone should run out and do this, I am simply saying it is possible, and if you want to know more, then go learn more.  Take control of your $700 device and do what you want with it.  If what you want, is to wait for the official release, that's fine.  If you have the aptitude, and enjoy the challenge, then learn how to do things like rooting and flashing.  But what ever you do, do not let anyone tell you that you cannot learn how to, or that you cannot do what you want on your device.  ITS YOURS.

Then there is always this...Don't read what you are not interested in.

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

And yes, when I mean bricked  your device, is actually SOFT BRICK your device.

That can be fixed but still, if you are not willing to take the necessary precautions, is better to don't event try it. Smiley Happy

Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

So back to hating on Verizon.  Just encase everyone is not aware.  KitKat was announced on September 3, 2013.  The first device was running it on October 31, 2013.  Many of the other wireless providers released KitKat to their Note 3 owners around February.  Verizon is yet to even have a release date....

micp1480
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, here is something that will really make all of us upset. I have read that here will be a 4.5 coming out this summer, and we have yet to get the 4.4. How about none of us pay our bill until we get what we pay for, which is good customer satisfaction.

tazoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right not pay our bill hmmm lol

0 Likes