Need Instructions on transferring contacts, messages, etc.
SweetwaterRanch

We just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and need our text messages as well as all our past calander events transfered over to it.  We did keep our old phone ( DroidX ) which has all the information we need on it, is there anyway of doing this???

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: Need Instructions on transferring contacts, messages, etc.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The text messages can be backed up and restored using one of the many SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store. MMS messages are a little trickier to transfer.

Unless the calendar entries were saved to your Gmail account calendar, I am unaware of any backup and transfer method.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SweetwaterRanch

The Verizon employee transfered our info to the new phone but there is no texts transfered over.... 

We have been backing up our droid with backup assistant.

So how do I now go about this???

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text messages, unless you were using Integrated Messaging, are device specific - you can only view them on the device they were sent to.  Integrated messages will sync across multiple devices (my computer, phone and tablet), but if I swap phones, I can't put older messages on the new device.  I CAN see all of them on the tablet or computer though, from both old and new phones.

0 Likes
SweetwaterRanch

I have a hdmi/usb cable for our old driod.  Is there any way of transfering the text to the pc??  Or can we just go into a Verizon store and have them figure it out for us???  I still am a little confused why there is/was Backup Assistant, I am guessing for Pix??  Also in the future what should I use to backup our text so we may transfer it to a different device and/or pc??   Thanks!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Backup Assistant seems to work for transferring phone contacts and possibly pictures.

This is the SMS Backup app I use. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SweetwaterRanch

Thanks!!!  

So from what you are saying there is no way of transfering messages via data cable to pc, is that right??

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

... This is the SMS Backup app I use. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

Learning something new every day - thanks for this!