Need opinions
SHOREBOUND

I guess its time to start looking at new phones before they deactivate my note 7 on January 5th.

Im so confused nothing compares especially since I Love my Note 7.  If you upgraded what did you get and do you like it.

TIA for any and all opinions.

0 Likes
Re: Need opinions
PMcBee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why couldn't they wait until the S8 came out or something. I don't want to purchase a new phone for 24 month device payments when a phone I wouldn't mind grabbing is only a few months away. I don't have a phone lying around because I had to trade all our phones in to get new ones and really don't want to spend money on a phone and then spend more money on the phone I actually prefer.

mama23dogs
Legend

If you are interested in getting the next "Note". Then you don't want to spend a ton of money, locking yourself into high payments for 1-2 years. 

You could try to pick up a Note 5, but they are still pricey.  

You could pick up a Moto Pure edition (about $250 + ) and not be so heavily invested that you can't buy the next Note.  For productivity sake, the Nexus 6p ($400 + at Best Buy) has better features and a strong receiver for excellent reception.  I've owned both of these and was most pleased with the 6p.  

Unfortunately the s-pen isn't replaceable.  I still have my old Note 3, but find the hands free abilities of newer phones replaced written notes. 

0 Likes
SHOREBOUND

I spoke to verizon yesterday and they did say as soon as the new note comes out i can upgrade without  a penalty.  Im going to be looking at these phones in addition to the iphone 7 just scared i wont like any so need the one i dislike the least

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You have to keep in mind Verizon doesn't see paying off a previous phone as a "penalty".   

And it isn't.  It is just fulfilling the financial obligation you take on if you buying on device payments. 

So if you buy a GS7 Edge now, and still owe half on it next fall when a new Note comes out, they could expect you to pay it off. 

0 Likes
SHOREBOUND

Thank you. I woll defiantlylook into this some more.  They know i do the paymnets and said no issues but i will check it out.  Csnt wait for september for my Note8

0 Likes