New Note 20 Ultra not receiving some texts
cchoi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

9/30, purchased phones online and switched from T-Mobile. 10/2 received the phone, easily switched over to Verizon (again, from T-Mobile and S10 device). All was working well that day, including being able to send texts through Pulse (3rd party messaging app), but starting today, 10/3, I didn't receive texts.

10/2 around 10pm, there was an update (Samsung Note 20 Ultra). 10/3, received group texts in the morning but later found that when some people text me (T-Mobile/Sprint/Google Voice tested), I don't receive them. I am able to send texts without any issues - everyone gets my texts. I can also call anyone without issues and they can call me.

Troubleshooting methods: I've factory reset the phone, powered down/removed sim, tried smart mode, uninstalled messaging app and only used the default Samsung one, reset network on the phone, verified that no blocks on the numbers, etc. - worked with Customer Support on this for hours with no resolve (they are supposed to call me back tomorrow to see if it works then..). Customer support doesn't seem to know why this is happening.

I initially started off not getting any texts at all - found out after my 2 step verification for apps never sent me texts. After the above troubleshooting steps, now it seems some go through (including 2 step verification texts) to me while others (individual texts) still do not. So far only tested with 4 different lines - Sprint (I don't receive texts from my brother who uses it), T-Mobile (2 friends/family member texted and didn't show up on my phone), Verizon (works... friend who has Verizon network), and Google voice (doesn't work). Another weird thing is that I can seem to get group texts (mix of iPhones, services, etc.). 

FYI: 10/2 my family got their phones but are unable to activate their phones. After hours of chatting with Verizon, finally found that their lines will be ported on Monday - maybe this has something to do with my text issue? 

Any other tips I can try or do, I would appreciate... Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Note 20 Ultra not receiving some texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want to welcome you to the Verizon family! The port process can take 4-24 hours. During that time your services may be affected. When you check the status of your port, do you get an error? You can use this link to check the status: https://www.verizon.com/one-digital/switch-to-verizon/ .

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Terryatk001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with my note 20 and I also switched from t-mobile

cchoi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It states that it's successfully transferred

0 Likes
cchoi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, after some more time with customer service today, I talked to tech support and they "reset my network" - took a few minutes to do. Once they did that (had my phone turned off before this process started), I was able to receive texts. I hope this helps someone the headache and hours I've spent with so many Verizon reps who didn't help at all, all but a couple out of over a dozen... 

Best wishes to all those who have the same issue.

0 Likes
Terryatk001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats great to hear.. Hopefully someone can help me as well. I spent hours on the phone with them too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We want to make sure that you have access to all of your services. Did you switch from an iPhone to the Note? What messaging application are you using? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure this is fully looked at. Are you still having issues with your text service? Are your calls, or data having issues at all? I see you've completed a lot of troubleshooting already, did you do this with all devices as well? 
JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated, cchoi1. If you need anything else feel free to let us know. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Terryatk001, I rely on text to communicate, so I know how urgent a resolution is to keep you connected. Your time is valuable. Please check your Private Messages for further assistance. 

0 Likes