Re: New Note 4 marshmallow Update issues
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

Some people have to do very few factory resets and get lucky.  I've had to do one or more factory resets after every version upgrade to get rid of problems....and even then with minimal apps/BT devices/etc, I've had some problems come right back.  This Bluetooth problem is one of those which leads to one answer, the software has a bug.

Yesterday I had a conversations with both Verizon and Samsung. There was tacit acknowledgement of problems with marshmallow, but nothing specific.  Out of the conversations, the suggestion was for me to goto a Samsung booth in the local Best Buy store for a reflash to ensure it was a clean load of software.  The reflash does not entail a factory reset. I tried the reflash and will see if any difference is noted today.  The rep offered that there are many issues with Marshmallow and he was not surprised to see this particular bug, and he had seen severe BT  issues on an S6 with Marshmallow.  His position was given how I swapped HW and did a factory reset, that if this reflash of software didn't work, I would be waiting for a software upgrade as the real fix.  We reviewed all the apps running and did turn some off.  Today I will run as normal and see what happens but early signs are nothing changed (2 hours on battery and BT has already eaten 3% of the battery). 

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, after watching for quite a while there is no improvement.  BT drain is still very high and been hovering 30-45% almost every day. The only thing I noticed after the software reload was some minor improvement in the amount of sluggishness.  Back to square one again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this has become unsettling. What have you done as far as troubleshooting thus far? Was there a master reset done on the device as well?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Paul_K_74

@AnthonyM_VZW

Please, take 10-15 minutes of your working day to actually read this thread to find out what all has been done by several users, up to and including Several resets by certain individuals.

Myself, If you tell me how to recover my 'private mode data' after a Another HARD Reset, I may try it, but no one has been able to tell me how to get the data I lost the LAST Time you/Verison asked me to Hard Reset and there are no threads or articles about it.

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have replaced hardware and reset several times. Software was re-flashed by Samsung.  Fact is anytime Bluetooth is running, it is draining 20-45% of the battery a day. This started with Marshmallow, and seems to be a recurrent theme for some of us.  Turning BT off is not an answer for me, nor is it reasonable for most folks...so don't go there.  Like Paul_K_74, I have done many resets (including 2 for this issue) and I'm tired of spending hours trying to restore...when it has not been successful in the slightest on any of the prior attempts...so doing another reset is not a trivial or reasonable option anymore either.

Frankly, it is time for Samsung/Verizon to admit there is a problem, that it is being patched, and get the patch out already (it has been months already).  Between the upgrade to 5.x and now 6.x, it is blatantly obvious that testing is poor when these problems keep occurring time and time again. When I upgrade in a few months, I will be avoiding Samsung product like the plague, and I may also decide its time leave Verizon because of the lack of attentiveness to prior posts (frankly it is insulting, and poor consideration of the customer), and continued failings to resolve this recurring problem.  Ignore the poor customer experience at your own peril.

0 Likes