No SIM Card
NLambson

I shut off my Note 3 and pulled the battery then pulled the Micro SD card and lastly I pulled the SIM Card. Someone had suggested that they had reseated their SIM card and it helped with the poor reception on their Note 3. I put the SIM card back in and then the Micro SD and the battery. I booted the phone back up and now it says "No SIM Card" and I have no service whatsoever. I have tried rebooting and re-seating the card many times and still the same error. Are SIM cards that delicate that it was damaged just by pulling it out? I did have to put a little force on it to get it to slide out because of the crappy design of the slot. Do I basically have to take it in to get a new SIM card at this point?

0 Likes
Re: No SIM Card
NLambson

I just put the SIM card from my old Note 2 that my son is using now and it worked fine and then I put my SIM card in the Note 2 and it said "No SIM Card" so obviously the card is bad. I guess it must have been a crappy card to begin with for it to go bad just by pulling it out. The SIM card from the Note 2 is just fine after pulling it out and putting it in my Note 3 and then pulling it out again and putting it back in the Note 2.

0 Likes
Re: No SIM Card
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

SIM cards can go bad, they also can be damaged if you touch the gold contacts.  And yes, removing one from a Note 3 can be a pain.  Sounds like you need a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

0 Likes