No notification sounds while in my car and Verizon Customer Service
rundlec
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, after the Pie update, my cell phone has been having sporadic issues and one specifically was the fact that when in my car, I do not receive any notification sounds on my cell phone when an email and/or text message comes across.  This is very important to me as I need to know if a person in my household is having an issue or needs something from me immediately as I would then pull over and read the message to find out.  Notification sounds had  always worked with the previous update but doesn't seem to work with the new update.  I've tried just about everything I could think of to get this issue resolved.  So, instead of spending more hours on this, I decided to visit the Verizon Store here in Ithaca, NY to see if they could resolve the issue.  They are absolutely USELESS and the most unfriendly store that I have ever been in.  The woman took my phone, asked me to enter my pin and then said we can't go out to your car to check out the issue and you need to go to your car dealer to get this resolved.  She didn't even try to do anything at all with my phone.  I have experienced several issues like this in the Verizon store and am almost to the point of switching carriers as soon as my Note 9 is paid off!!  I am sick and tired of Verizon's customer service.  Also, one more thing I want to say is that the robocalls that I receive on my cell phone (which by the way is the only phone I have as I discontinued my land line) almost every day are really annoying.  I have heard that other major carriers are offering FREE robocall blocking, but Verizon only gives you a 10 day free trial of their Caller ID and then if you want to continue with that service they charge you a monthly fee.  What the heck!! Why doesn't Verizon get on board as some of the other carriers have or are doing and offer FREE robocall blocking!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No notification sounds while in my car and Verizon Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rundlec -

Your loyalty is valuable to us, and the last thing we would ever want is for you to leave the Verizon family. I apologize for the experience you had at our Ithaca store and for the email and text message notification issues you are having while you are in your car. We understand how important it is for you to be able to receive email and text notifications, especially when someone in your household needs to reach you. Don't worry. We are here to help you resolve the phone issues you are having. Is your phone connected to your cars Bluetooth system when you don't receive email or text notifications? Also, we understand how inconvenient robocalls can be, and we want you to know that we are going to offer free robocalling and spam features. Check it out. https://vz.to/2CrTb3E JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
rundlec
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes my android phone is connected to bluetooth as is my Hyundai Tucson. I've tried unpairing and pairing several times to no avail.  I do use Verizons Message+ for texts messages and both my Cornell University email and gmail for mail services.

Also in your email response you mentioned that Verizon is going to be offering free robocall blocking depending on whether a particular phone is able to accept the system. I am currently using a Samsung Note 9.  Will that smartphone be able to connect Verizon's free robocall blocking system?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question. Yes your Note 9 will be compatible with our system. JoelD_VZW

0 Likes