No response for the $250 worth of rewards points
MCBAGALAYOS

Is anyone getting a response from Samsung on their rewards points?  I sent my receipt in on 13 November and have not heard a thing back. I have been checking my email and spam box for the past 10 days with no response.  I even sent in a customer service email and still have not gotten a response. My only option is to return my phone if I don't hear something by the 13th day because I don't want to be stuck paying full price for my note 8. 

Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: No response for the $250 worth of rewards points
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes, the Samsung Promotoon details state the turnaround time for processing after receipt posting. As long as the offer terms and conditions were met you’ll be fine

0 Likes
markie6046

I emailed my receipt in Nov 14thand received an email stating it would be reviewed and a response received.  Fast forward 2 weeks - I called Samsung rewards and were told they were opening an investigation and once again heard nothing back.

Finally got the"hello world"number and called them today.

They said I was not eligible since I did not submit receipt.

I sent them the confirmation and the re kept and .....you guessed it.... another "investigation.

I regret using this promotion and frankly this has really gotten me upset with verizon.

Here is the number to call

888-869-0638

0 Likes
markie6046

That was not my experience and have continued to get the run around.

This is a promotion that was offered

through verizon and the miscommunication and lack of response is a direct reflection on verizon.

At least have the courtesy To provide the correct numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markie6046,

I'm very sorry to hear you've had difficulty with this promotion. We value your loyalty and always want things to go smoothly. Because this is a Samsung reward our options to assist with it are limited but if you reach out to Samsung directly I'm confident they will glad to provide the best options. I hope that their new investigation solves this quickly for you.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
markie6046

I understand Verizon's options to manage a promotion you advertised are limited, just like my options as a customer to deal with Verizon are limited.

As explained earlier, I also phoned Samsung.  3 times. and  emailed.  I also contacted Hello World, and resent my receipt, dated 11/12/2017 and the original email from Samsung stating they received my receipt, dated 11/16/17.  I verified it was within program guidelines.

Hello World has opened yet another escalation.  Again.  With no response.  I have 7 lines with Verizon and I am transferring them - this was misrepresented and canned answers from Verizon just adds insult to an already challenging situation.

As a current customer, I feel like this was misleading and the answers provided were of no value at all.

At this point if you would like to help me, find out how much it is to cancel all my lines and have customer service phone me to finish.

0 Likes
markie6046

Called Samsung Nov 29th and escalated - still pending, still escalated, still no response.

0 Likes
jcfuller
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good luck to you, Markie.

Even if it would have gone through properly, the turnaround on the original receipt upload takes a very long time, and then it takes a very long time even after that to actually see the points in the Samsung Pay app. Then, when you do finally get the points, there is NOT any $250 Visa Gift Card option to redeem for as Verizon's promotion promised but rather a $200 Samsung Pay Rewards Card and a $50 Samsung Pay Rewards Card, although they combine if you get both.

Samsung will not give you your full card number either, even if you call support, and Samsung Pay Rewards Cards cannot be used elsewhere such as for online purchases or paying bills without using Samsung Pay and cannot be transferred to other people. Definitely the last time that I will trust an offer that says "go to Samsung for more details", as clearly Verizon and Samsung were not in sync, and now instead of having $250 to use freely, which was the offer and the only reason that I could equate it to being like a discount on the phone, I now have $250 in Samsung Pay credit that will take me a year to use.

abcd.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm truly sorry that you have not received a response on the status of your escalation from Samsung markie6046 .I can udnerstand the frustrations of this entire situation. I have sent you a private message to provide you with the account information you're seeking. We don't want to lose you with our family but understand how upsetting this is becoming.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes