No signal in my house, worse after lollipop update
deb410s

I have never had good reception in my house with my Note 3 but now after the update it is horrible. My boyfriends Iphone works just fine. He is with Verizon as well. How do I get some help? I am beyond frustrated..

0 Likes
Re: No signal in my house, worse after lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We definitely want you to have the best possible wireless experience everywhere Deb, including your home! While indoor service can be challenging for several reasons outside of our control (structural interference ranks high on the list), we can check the ares and option to improve your service. You indicate that issue is more noticeable after the software update. Have you called us to do any troubleshooting yet? If you did, what troubleshooting steps have you tried? I would not want to ask you to do the same things. What is your ZIP code? Also, please confirm your current software build number http://spr.ly/6589A8m5

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
deb410s

my zip is 93711 and build is LRX2IV.N900VVRUE0B6

I don't have a landline so I have not called to troubleshoot this problem.

I did go into the store and they were unable to help me.

0 Likes
Tonfifty

my wife's galaxy note 3 dropped two bars of signal strength after lollipop upgrade.  had the phone for a year and never dropped a call at home, dropped one two days after upgrading.  my S5 shows 4 bars, here Note 3 shows 2. 

46142 zip code. Software update to N900VVRUEOB6 April 28 2015.   Build is LRX21V. N900VVRUEOB6

Kernel 3.4.0

0 Likes
amberbphoto
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I both have the note3. His service has always been better than mine when we are sitting in the same room. Since the update I have no service at all in my home. Emergency calls only it says. I use my phone for client contact. I'm losing money since no one can reach me. Very very frustrating!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the detailed information tonfifty! I understand that this issue started after the latest software update. I also have a Note 3 and I noticed similar post software update issues, which I resolved by doing a factory reset. Please do a factory reset and test. Follow the steps at this link http://spr.ly/6588AulY to do a factory reset.

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to learn that your phone is experiencing service issues amberbphoto! I understand that this service issue is worst after the latest software update. Please do a factory reset and test. Follow the steps at this link http://spr.ly/6588AulY to do a factory reset. This troubleshooting step resolved a similar issue for me after the latest software update.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for the additional information, deb410s! Let's get you phone working like your boyfriend's phone. How long have you had this issue? I don't see a known outage is this area. Try these steps that might help with improvements and keep us updated http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-note-3-troubleshooting-signal/ .
JorgeO_VZW
0 Likes
deb410s

Really??? I have tried all of the suggestions above in the hyperlink... This is ridiculous! This is my business phone as well. I can't believe it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I agree, deb410s. This is not acceptable. We are not giving up. Do you know if others are experiencing the same issue? After the Software was performed did you restore your content to the device or did you set it up as new? How far from this zip code do you need to travel before you see improvements? Does service improve immediately once you are outside of your house?

JorgeO_VZW
0 Likes