Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Not automatically connecting to home wifi
WTTTT
I posted this on another forum and there was only one response and not any solution. I have noticed this only since the latest update to the Note 3.  Before that when I left range of my home wifi the phone would go to LTE and  upon returning home, automatically reconnect to my home wifi. Now it  goes to 4g when I leave, but does not reconnect when I return home. Wifi is actually off so I  think it is turning off when I am away for wifi for an extended period. I  do not remember for sure, but I think before, wifi did not actually  turn off. I think it just went out of range and then started using it  again when I returned home. I don't really recall the specifics except  that before I never had to do anything to get it to start using our home  wifi network. lt would just automatically reconnect when I got home.  Now unless I remember to turn wifi on manually when I get home, I could be home all  weekend and still be using data.
Below are my advanced wifi settings. Thanks for any suggestions.

Notify: Off
Passpoint: Off
Sort by: Alpha
Keep on during sleep: Always
Always allow scanning: Tried both Unchecked and checked
Auto network switch:  Tried bothUnche Checked

Labels (1)
0 Likes