Not getting calls. My calls to landlines say the vzw wireless customer not available. No help from vzw
stevenjcampbell
Enthusiast - Level 3

ll this and the solution? Verizon offers to sell me an upgrade. Note 4, latest software lollipop update.

I call a landline on a landline telco like cox communications or CenturyLink and am told

"the Verizon Wireless customer you are calling is not available"

That started 3 weeks ago.

Now the home phone land line calls me and I get no ring tone, no indication of a call ever coming to me. Nothing.

I restore the phone fresh, apply all the over the air updates. Same problem.

No root Nothing but a Verizon stock note 4.

Call tier 1 and 2 support and nothing is the problem. Called retention, their solution is I pay them monthly for a new phone.

So basically I can fix my problem by paying for a comparable device. All of which are priced $500-$750. So this problem will cost me that much to fix.

Currently I pay them only $80.00 service $20.00 line access fde Less a $5 discount Plus $9.95 insurance.

The justification is that I already get a $25.00 discount for this plan and going to the new Verizon plans would mean a $40.00 fee plus the payment for the phone... So more money.

This seem asinine to anyone else?

0 Likes
Re: Not getting calls. My calls to landlines say the vzw wireless customer not available. No help from vzw
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry this happened. We want you to always be able to use that device to make calls. When did this start? Are you able to call the numbers from a different device? Can you call other mobile devices?
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Not getting calls. My calls to landlines say the vzw wireless customer not available. No help from vzw
stevenjcampbell
Enthusiast - Level 3

It started 3 weeks ago, or maybe around when the patch for stage fright was released.

The first time I had a friend working next to me and I used his T-Mobile device to call in business at the same time my device was telling me the wireless customer (that remember, is actually a landline) was not reachable.

It's definitely something strange with either my device or the network and oddly enough it's happening all over las vegas randomly which leads me to think it's an issue with hardware or a bad phone modem..

Phone updates contain modem software. This is what you can change on a developer version of a Verizon phone but not on mine. Regardless, I'm using what Verizon pushed to me during updates.

0 Likes