Note 2 4.3 Release is coming on Black Friday?!?
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon,

Black Friday is an obviously busy day for most, why would you release 4.3 for the Note 2 the day I will be driving all over town scooping up deals?  Please move the date forward a couple of days to accommodate this busy shopping day rather than add to the stress.  For those who would say I do not need to update right away, you are wrong, I have waited too long already.  I expect better planning from Verizon on such events, plus if you ensured Galaxy Gear support was coming out before that day, we would certainly buy those Galaxy Gears that seem to be setting idly by in stores.

Thanks in Advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 2 4.3 Release is coming on Black Friday?!?
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-43-jelly-bean-update-samsung-galaxy-note-2-reportedly-receives-new-os...  The link above is where the manufacturer releases the information, clearly the Internet may be too troublesome for you...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

Come on Verizon, the leaked schedule from Best Buy shows it coming on the 29th, at least you could confirm that as it is five days away, then we can hash out the early release details, I need my S voice to work from the Galaxy Gear and that is hung up on the update.

vzwuntilcontractends

I decided Verizon didn't want me to buy a Gear from them so I purchased a Pebble smartwatch instead. If they can't update our recently "flagship" phone and/or provide a timeline, I'm not going to wait. If the update isn't out in December I'll probably just root until my contract is up, then I'm moving on. I love Verizon's coverage but I'm not going to sit 4 versions behind with no ETA on an update.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Show me a carrier let alone a manufacturer gave ETAs on software. Google themselves don't even give an ETA.

0 Likes
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-43-jelly-bean-update-samsung-galaxy-note-2-reportedly-receives-new-os...  The link above is where the manufacturer releases the information, clearly the Internet may be too troublesome for you...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

... LEAK is the keyword. Those are internal dates and always subject to change if problems arises, or something isn't finalized. Anyone in development knows this. Where is something OFFICIAL out of the mouth of Samsung. A press release, CEO, or major official for Samsung saying a date when the update is released. Like I said even Google doesn't give dates on releases on Android.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I would like to add. This is the reason why they don't give dates. People treat them like hard dates and promises. Even if it is a leaked document.

Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I am not lucky enough to already have the new software, multiple people are reporting into XDA right now with the update, as the "leak" showed, of course they do not release to everyone at once as that is a flawed concept, but the date was accurate and the pictures are there to prove it...troll on Tidbits.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Not trolling at all. Just saying how it is and you have 0 backing on your claims in this thread and showed no evidence to something Official which matters. You keep bolstering leaked information which isn't official information.

You are the one that is actually trolling. You are the one looking to rile up like minded individuals without anything factual.

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon verison is sch 1605 if u notice the one in the picture is 1700

0 Likes