Note 2 won't stay charged and even charging dies
Becker052436

Hello!  I recently updated my phone and since the update I have been experiencing my phone dying at a very, very rapid pace.  I thought it was the charger or the battery, but I bought new ones and still no luck.  I haven't had a full charge on my phone in days and when I do it quickly dies, plus while on the charger (even overnight) it will drop in charge %...how does this happen?  Any suggestions!?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Note 2 won't stay charged and even charging dies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Becker052436, thanks for these details. Let's take a closer look at your device. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? If so, some applications software can affect the performance of your device after a software update. Try uninstalling a few applications and power your device off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Becker052436

Yes, I have already tried doing this several times. I have uninstalled all

apps I installed after the upgrade and also apps installed prior to upgrade

and it does not seem to work. My battery still drains and does not charge

fully. I charged my phone overnight from about 10p-9a and it went from 53%

to 70% only. Sometimes it has even lost its' charge while on the charger

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying Becker052436. Have you tried more than one charger? Have you attempted a full charge with the device powered off? How about a battery pull since the update?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Becker052436

Yes, I have tried all the above mentioned things with no result. In fact,

again last night I attempted charging it , plugged in at 66% and when I

woke up in the am it was at 34% on the charger. Thanks for the help!

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Becker052436,

Thanks for the update. When charging does it automatically show that the phone is receiving a charge or do you have to put the charger in a specific way to confirm its charging? It is sounding like it may either be the charging port or the charger itself. When you look into the port do you notice any corrosion? If you are still under warranty it may be best to have it checked out at store to make sure there is no port damage. If clear then the store can suggest the next phase of action vzw.com/storelocator. Keep us updated on this and I am sure we can find an overall solution.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Karol14

Becker...

I am having the same exact problem...It is not any 3rd party applications.  I noticed a lot of things not working since the update.  I am trying to get ahold of someone in technical support, but no luck.  I was on the phone for 1 hour and a few text messages in the other hour and my charge went from 90% to 55%...??  Also, my calls will be lost...I have had to reboot my phone because it has locked up a few times, which I never had to do prior to the last update this month.   I am not sure whether to chuck the service or chuck the phone...LOL. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Karol14, we want to get your phone working as well. Not much we can do with a phone that doesn't hold a charge. Try placing the device in safemode http://vz.to/1fwaUU3 and then retest. Does the problem still exist in safemode or disappear? You mentioned calls have been lost, is that because the device runs out of juice or does that appear unrelated? Try reseating the SIM card http://vz.to/1dfc5Zl and let us know if you still experience dropped calls.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes