Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked
Arojas104
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the note 20 Ultra 5g and since Verizon announced the nationwide 5G rollout yesterday my phone is still on LTE+ I have reset the network, I have called in for tech support, I have a 5G sim card and I'm on the Get More Unlimited 5G UW plan. I also verified according to the coverage map that 5G is available in my area, so how do I get 5G on my phone?

Labels (1)
Re: Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked
dejanl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue. Unlocked Note 20 Ultra but no connection to 5G. Did you check your network options and see if you have 5G as option? On my phone 5G is not listed as an option and this is why I can't connect to 5G.

dejanl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think that I know why. Bands that are used for 5g DSS ( microwave bands are enabled) are disabled on unlocked Note 20 Ultra. I believe Verizon is rolling out an update for Verizon branded phones this week to enable 5g. Us on unlocked Note 20 Ultra will need to wait until Samsung rolls out an update, most likely in November. 

TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

From what I heard, the unlocked model needs to be updated by samsung to enable the verizon 5G that was just launched. I am jn the same boat with you also. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are excited for 5G as you are. We want to ensure you take advantage of this new feature we have to offer. In order to have access to this new feature, you will need to wait for a software update that will be automatically be sent . Have you recently received any type of update request? Where are you currently located? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely help you with getting 5G on your device. Since we have launched our Nationwide 5G network, you will receive a software update that will allow you to connect to this new network. 

Please go to Settings, then System Updates to get the update for your device. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Arojas104
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, I have been checking daily for this update and have not received it yet. 

dejanl
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has to be released by Samsung, I doubt it will be available before November. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arojas104, the update will be released in phases. We recommend continuing to check for an update periodically, as your device model is listed to receive one.

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, you are correct. We will need to wait until we receive authorization from Samsung. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with?- ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes