Re: Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

IF your phone was activated on LTE... You'll also need a 5G SIM card. They look identicle but your phone won't access 5G without it. I had to get mine swapped at a store. 

0 Likes
realtor_nancy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon ... can you confirm this need for a new sim card for the unlocked note20 ultra.  I just got my sim and new service (as well as this new phone).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, just to make sure we're on the same page, please rephrase your question?

0 Likes
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you activate it in the note 20 ultra? if you did, then you are fine to keep your sim you have...im saying if you activated your sim in a non 5G device like an older iPhone or android that did not support 5G then you will most likely need a new SIM card... Since I activated my sim in my iPhone 11 Pro max, I needed a new sim to be work in my note 20 ultra for 5G....with my new SIM, my phone picks up 5G in the areas it says is covered... but I noticed in some areas where the map says yeah it is covered, my phone does not pick it up, instead its just LTE +

0 Likes
Devonm1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Why do iphones get to use the new nationwide network, but I've had this device for MONTHS. They shouldn't have announced their 5G network if it wasn't available for all phones they advertise.  Really annoying.  Almost November and STILL NO UPDATE.

Verizon terrible. 

TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the change software trick to get 5G to work on my phone using verizon. You have to trick your phone into thinking it has another sim inside. It's not hacked and knox is still secure. I think it's stupid all other companies allow 5G to be an option to pick, but the second a verizon sim enters the phone, boom, the 5G option is nowhere to be found, on a $1,400 phone! If you put a sim in a phone that supports 5G... The carrier has 5G in the area, and you're on a proper plan... The phone should just pick it up, WITHOUT a software update. 

0 Likes
Jamesfromohio

I just got off the phone with Samsung the rep told me that Verizon is not going to allow unlocked note 20 ultras to get update and said that the only way to get 5g was to get locked phone through carrier, but since I cant use the 5g option They would refund me purchase price of phone.

0 Likes
realtor_nancy
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's a bummer.  I called at the end of last week and Samsung said that unlocked phones would get the update.  I'm trying to call now and see if I get another answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The wait for 5G Nationwide is over. The last thing we want is to keep you waiting for the update. The system update for 5G nationwide was released on 10.14.20. The update gets pushed out to thousands of devices daily over a course of a few weeks to prevent overloading the network. Please keep checking for the update, it will be there soon! here is a link to the details on System Update 2: https://www.verizon.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note20-ultra-5g-update/

0 Likes
utoutlaw88

Thats the update I got And There is no change...

0 Likes