Note 20 Ultra 5G with 'black screen of death' - Need confirmation on handling replacement phone.
ATPOffice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Everyone:  My Note 20 screen went black this past Saturday evening (Nov 20th). Hard resets and other YT video tips didn't work. The phone still works, just can't see what it's doing. Connecting to monitor via HDMI worked, but I couldn't get past the lock screen. Connecting to my laptop and opening Dex did not work. It will pass through Google Voice calls to my wrist. It is also passing through SMS message but won't let me view them because the screen is locked.

Went to Verizon store next day, no help. All they could advise is order refurbished replacement. This really turned my stomach since I've only had it for 10 months and it's pristine.

Received replacement phone on Nov 23. No instructions. Can anyone confirm that all I can do at this point is:

• swap in my sim and SD card, and that
  • any personal data on internal storage is forever lost since I can't use SmartSwitch without the screen?

What makes me MOST uncomfortable is the inability to wipe my data from the old phone due to the screen being black.

Am I on the right track? Any additional advice? I have to figure this out and bring back to UPS by Monday (Nov 29). I appreciate any information you can share.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 20 Ultra 5G with 'black screen of death' - Need confirmation on handling replacement phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ATPOffice, we are here for support and happy to help walk you through how to set up your replacement device and how to factory reset your old device. Please send us a Private Note to get started! *Cheyenne

0 Likes
Re: Note 20 Ultra 5G with 'black screen of death' - Need confirmation on handling replacement phone.
ATPOffice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've resolved this issue. Can you please either delete or lock this post? Thanks!

0 Likes