Re: Note 20 Ultra Dual SIM
23Marinette
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I was told in the preorder period by BOTH Samsung & Verizon that it would be dual sim.  The box I received showed two IMEI numbers, and the dual sim was in settings but not active (allowed to use).

After activating I noticed this.  I deactivated the phone and returned to my NOTE8.  Only reason to buy was to consolidate 2 phones (USA & Mexico).

Fast forward, when returning to Mexico in October it took two weeks for Verizon help to figure out why my USA Verizon NOTE8 would not connect to roaming.  Well, they had the Note Ultra registed for the IMEI on their Intl roaming, and did not update to the original phone.   I identified that as probable cause on the first chat!

No DSDS dual sim in Samsungs might be enough for me to change carriers after 35 years (yes the first car-installed phone in 1985)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

23Marinette,

This is not the experience we want for you. I'd love to make sure your international concerns are resolved. We are sending a Private Note and look forward to your response.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Apple_Eater
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also told that this phone would support 2 numbers.  When I called to get the eSIM registered, I was sent emails telling me how to do that, but the options listed didn't exist.  I called Samsung USA and they stated that they have the code that Verizon must "adapt", customize, tweak to get it to work on their own network.  The reason I bought the Note 20 Ultra is to have 2 different phone numbers (personal and work) so I can only carry 1 phone and not look like a drug dealer.  They had to do the same with Apple.  You have done it for Google, when are you going to implement the code for Samsung?  I have been waiting since Nov. 21st, 2020.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be happy with your device. Here is a link that lists all of our eSIM compatible devices: https://www.verizon.com/support/dual-sim-with-esim-faqs/ . EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
HMJAM622
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why are you sending the customer a link to devices he didn't purchase? The customer purchased a "SAMSUNG" device with the expectation of having 2 lines on his "SAMSUNG DEVICE" per Verizon and Samsung "ADVERTISING", just like me. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, your customer paid $1400 for a device for dual sim/eSIM and you tell the customers its coming soon! but here's a link to devices we actually support eSIM presently. More money please!!!!

0 Likes
Ctcliffw8

I called Verizon support today and they told me that my Note20 supports duel sim and all I need to do is order a double sim tray ($6 on amazon). They told me to call them back and they would walk me through how to set up my 2nd line.  Sounds kinda fishy since I can't find anything on the web about this.

0 Likes
jwolchko
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is nothing on Verizon's support site to that effect. This will likely not work, the hardware for reading the second SIM is just not in the Verizon issued Note 20 Ultra. Here's a good discussion about the dual SIM tray on XDA Developers... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/galaxy-note-20-ultra-verizon-dual-sim.4229777/

swiltheone
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the current status for Verizon enabling the e-sim functionality? I too am the recipient of promises not kept. About time @vzw_customer_support steps up and delivers. You are in a buyers market. All carriers want our business. Including t-mobile, which has enabled dual sim for the note 20 ultra.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes