Note 20 Ultra Random restarts
turbo_geoduck
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Note 20 Ultra recently began randomly restarting.  It has done it at least 8 times in the past week. Any ideas why, and remedies?

Labels (1)
Re: Note 20 Ultra Random restarts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

turbo_geoduck, thank you for reaching out to us on social media. We want your phone to work like a well-oiled machine, so we're right here to help. Does your phone have the most updated software? To check, you'll go to Settings -- System Updates -- Check for system updates. Since this problem has been happening, have you downloaded any new apps to your phone? -Alicia

0 Likes
brucedabull

I have this same phone and same problem. It started after the last Android update. I"m on version 12 now. I never had this problem before I went from 11 to 12. Can i rollback to 11? 

My software update page says 
Software updated to N986USQU2FVEB

Applied - June 18, 2022 at 1:07 AM
You're all set!
Your Phone has been updated to the latest software version. 

It still continues to restart randomly, even when it is just sitting on the charger untouched. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brucedabull,

With software, there is no way to reverse back to an older versions.

-Mark

0 Likes
SSperry1

Mine has restart at least once per day since the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you're experiencing problems with your Samsung Not 20 Ultra, randomly restarting is not the experience we want for you. We apologize for your inconvenience. Let's work together to get this resolved with troubleshooting.

How long has this been happening? Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.). Thanks!

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Amen_Ra

I am havin the exact same issue with restarts that only started after the latest Verizon Update: N986USQU2FVEB

I had ZERO issues before, is Verizon releasing a new update to fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amen_Ra Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly don't want you having issues with your Note 20. Can you tell me what is going on with your phone. Is the issue the random restarts? Does this happen when you are doing something specific? -Dolores

0 Likes
1320motorsports

Mine has been restarting too since the last update about once a day.  Happens when charging and off the charger.  Auto reboot is turned off and when checking the log for reboots, it doesn't list any reboots.  Cleared the cache and the issue remains.  Very frustrating for it will sometimes reboot in the middle of the night and I miss my alarm. 

0 Likes
Amen_Ra

Dolores are you reading posts??? This is affecting tons of NOTE users after latest software update, is Verizon planning to release a fix????????

0 Likes