Note 20 green screen Security Error: This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software
jadicken
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5g (not ultra), I looked over at it just now and it has a bright green screen with the message:

"Security Error: This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. Call your mobile operator for additional support. Please note that repair/return for this issue may have additional cost."

The top left corner has an error:

"Secure check fail : boot "

It was just sitting on a wireless charger and its like 4am cst. Reboots not helping. Even turning it off and putting it back on charger makes this screen pop back up. What can I do? No I didn't change anything. I just have regular google play store apps loaded. 

James Dicken
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 20 green screen Security Error: This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software
jadicken
Enthusiast - Level 2

So here was the final answer. The replaced the PBA for the phone and its on its way back to me.

-James

Service Ticket Number: xxxxx
Ship Company: UPS
Tracking Number: xxxxx
Serial number: xxxxxx
Please view additional information below for more details.

Original Problem:
POWER - POWER - NO POWER AFTER UPGRADE

Problem found:
AUTO POWER OFF W/BATT/TEST CAB

Solution:
REPLACED PBA

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG and reference Ticket Number: xxxxx

Thank you.
Samsung Electronics America

James Dicken

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Note 20 green screen Security Error: This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software
jadicken
Enthusiast - Level 2

As an update, tried doing factory reset and the samsung screen will briefly appear, I get a vibrate, and it just reboots itself after a few seconds and repeats. 

James Dicken
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that you have a device that performs the way you need it to. Have you made any changes to the device software?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jadicken, 

If you are still experiencing this problem, please consider trying Samsung's software tool called SmartSwitch. It does include a software repair function. You would need to install this on a computer. You can run it from either a PC or a Mac. You'll find the download here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch We hope this information helps. Keep us posted.

0 Likes
jadicken
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Morning, sadly nothing I tried would resolve the issue. I made no changes to the phone personally, but I suspect it got a security update overnight and it was bricked. I took the authorized repair center people (ubreakifix ?) and they couldn't even do a hard reset. I have had to mail this back to Samsung for repair and I am waiting for it to return. I will say... waiting for "up to two weeks" for your new phone to get returned is very (with no options for advanced replacement per support) is not very satisfying as a customer. I dug out my old note8 and had my cell# moved to it temporarily because I had to travel for work.

James Dicken
0 Likes
jadicken
Enthusiast - Level 2

So here was the final answer. The replaced the PBA for the phone and its on its way back to me.

-James

Service Ticket Number: xxxxx
Ship Company: UPS
Tracking Number: xxxxx
Serial number: xxxxxx
Please view additional information below for more details.

Original Problem:
POWER - POWER - NO POWER AFTER UPGRADE

Problem found:
AUTO POWER OFF W/BATT/TEST CAB

Solution:
REPLACED PBA

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG and reference Ticket Number: xxxxx

Thank you.
Samsung Electronics America

James Dicken
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In review of your latest post, we see that your phone has been repaired by the manufacturer and in transit to be delivered to you, jadicken. We are glad to see that this issue has been resolved by the manufacturer. 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes